Sign in to follow this  
Lyndalou

Posting a Poster

I want to copy a Publisher document into a new topic on the forum. How do I do this?

x

Still have absolutely no idea how to do this!

Hi Lindylou - do you mean the text from a document, or you want to post an image of the document (i.e. a screen grab)?

If the text, you may need to convert it to 'Rich' or 'plain' Text first - it could be that publisher is incompatible with the forum copy/ paste... You can either save the publisher doc (if it will let you) as plain text, or could copy the text then paste it into 'notepad' (in start menu accessories on most windows based computers). Once you've got it as plain text you copy that, then paste direct into your post.

If you want to post an image (or the document itself) the forum doesn't allow it. You will need to 'host' the picture somewhere else then post a link to it. If a document (i.e. a poster made in publisher - that's a guess from your topic title) you will need to host that somewhere (Microsoft offers free hosting on their 'cloud' platform, for example), then post a link to the file...

I would suggest, if the latter, converting it to a PDF file or something, because if you keep it in a publisher format it will probably only open in publisher, iyswim.

One other thought, if it's a poster for an event or service/meeting or something like that you might want to run it past the mods first.

HTH

L&P

BD

Ta muchly

Don't think a support group comes under what I should run past mods, is it?

I'll try giving what you've suggested a bash but most likely tonight as it's gonna be busy today (feel it in my bones - already got one duvet in the washing machine because of an 'accident'!?)and with technological stuff I need my wits and my patience (such as they are)....

:thumbs:

Hi again lyndalou -

Nope, should be fine! You could also ask one of the mods to post the details in the pinned list of local support groups in the 'resources' section of the site. I don't think this gets as many views as it should, iyswim, but being pinned it is at least easier to locate for anyone who happens to be looking...

I've just opened 'publisher' on my computer (not a prog I ever use!) and it does offer plain text as a save option. Mine's 2007, so it's via the 'Office Button' and 'save as', but earlier versions will offer the same function once you've located the 'save as' dialogue... Then you can just copy the text and paste directly into your post...

YOU WILL

Have To Format Again

but even the limited options here can be

:thumbs:QUITE EFFECTIVE :thumbs:

HTH :D

Apologies - I'm afraid I'm still stumped! I got myself a little frustrated so I decided it was best to wait until some techno-whizz comes along in real life (not my hubby, lol) to go through it all with me tiny-little-step by tiny-little-step :wacko: I'm very proud of my natty poster too! :wallbash:

Edited by Lyndalou

You won't be able to post your poster directly to the forum, I'm afraid.

You can post the details by typing them into a post.

But it would be nice to show off your poster! If you can put it online somewhere, you could post a link to it.

You won't be able to post your poster directly to the forum, I'm afraid.

You can post the details by typing them into a post.

But it would be nice to show off your poster! If you can put it online somewhere, you could post a link to it.

Thanks Tally

I'm going to leave it for now but I've put the jist of what is in the poster in the 'Resources' section.

I tried 2 nights running to figure it out but I have to accept it's just not my forte!

Lynda x