Kathryn

FORUM PRACTICE THREAD

Are you new to internet forums in general, or just baffled by this one? :hypno::unsure:

Are you scared you'll break the forum/ mess up a thread/ get laughed at if you press the wrong button? :oops:

Have you been lurking a while and not sure how to do your first post?

Would you like to quote another post in your reply but don't know how?

Do you want to know how to do fancy stuff like write in different colours, font sizes etc?

Would you like to be able to do links to other websites?

Then this thread is for you.

The thread where you can make as many mistakes as you want to, try things out and see if they work.

It's a free for all "safe space" where any one can come at any time and just practise the technical stuff you're not sure about and gain confidence before posting on a thread. Even if you've been posting a while but want to learn to do new things, you might find it useful.

What you post doesn't matter, as long as it's within normal forum rules - post nursery rhymes or nonsense if you want to. Nobody's going to be judging you on the content and feel free to ask questions if you're stuck!

We hope you find it useful :)

The moderating team

And for perfectionists like me - never fear - for if you use full editor you can preview every post you make if you so desire, it won't send to forum til you add reply hehe - so nobody ever has to see your errors - :thumbs:

Unless you want them to :devil:or you accidentally press add reply :oops:

Ah yes, preview post is very useful, especially for checking if the technical stuff like links are working properly. That's when I discover that what I think I've done is not always how it comes out on the page. :rolleyes:

K x

Its more complicated when trying to reply to a post where someone (like me - above) has written a post with loads of fonts and colours, due to the settings on the forum there will be lots of numbers and prompt tags to say what I did. Can be very confusing when wanting to quote just one piece of someone's message :wacko:

Not for me though cuz I'm a pro now :lol::devil::lol:

Purdy.

But the star's out of line ;)

:lol::devil::lol: - charming! there's always a perfectionist about ;) and simultaneously AAARGHHHHH :wallbash: IT'S OUT OF LINE :wallbash:

Tally's signature is needed here: EVERYTHING must be STRAIGHT or else the world will EXPLODE. Those who do not believe in the Law of Straightness will not BE SAVED

Please Tally - someone edit and straighten it or the world's gonna EXPLODE!!!!

:george:

Ps: thanks K :D maybe I should have spent another minute checking the star alignment ;)

I would do it - for a fee. ;)

Actually I'm terrified of messing up your beautiful creation and causing complete chaos and distress. :o

K x

Sorry...

No worries :) I'd have noticed anyway (eventually) - so annoying having ocd/perfectionist type personality :lol: all good for practice though - have a go - its fun :thumbs: you can do anything you think of - try some more interesting texts and colours for a change, while promoting how fabulous this forum is :D (and keeping things aligned :wallbash:

I would do it - for a fee. ;)

Actually I'm terrified of messing up your beautiful creation and causing complete chaos and distress. :o

K x

A fee?!? OMG how bad is that - I'm scared to ask what it might be :ph34r:;)

If you'd really do it I can send the corrected version via PM and you could just delete the content of my post and insert the correct one? I'd be very grateful - especially since I'm admitting my total idiocy in being bothered :lol:

PS - it doesn't seem that easy to edit anyway, I did it in word and copied it over and did colours on here after - but I have the original (on word) which I have corrected the dodgy star on and have edited the colours back in and saved in a draft message in the hope that the image and my distress fills you with xmas cheer :D

Edited by darkshine

You need to put spaces in - if you go to full editor (more reply options) you can preview your post - that will show you exactly what will appear on the screen - as long as you don't miss something like I did with the xmas tree :rolleyes:

posting here because i dont want to start a topic, since ive adjusted my profile to automaticly follow topics, i no longer get email alerts. why?

I think its the difference between getting "inline notifications" (as in on the forum) or "email notifications" (as in email only)

I don't know if you can do both - or whether you have to choose one or the other

Edited by darkshine

[

:robbie:

i wana be on mt blanc by june, can you tell?

Sorry to hijack your thread A-S Warrior but I'm trying to learn how to quote...and failing miserably...where's the nice grey blocked text? :unsure:

Course I noticed, first thing I look for when something has different colours.

When it's a repeated design and the colours almost match to a pattern, but not quite - it actually bugs me - in my ordered yet chaotic little world it should be totally random or totally ordered - there's no point getting it close but messing it up every so often :lol: