Sign in to follow this  
invent 10 things b4 breakfast

What's in boys pockets!

Is it just boys or what? My son was just sat eating tea when he decided to empty the contents of his trouser pockets out on the table..... blue paper, red paper, yellow paper, green paper, tissue paper, cut out pictures of flowers, 3 pieces of string, paper clips, a sparkly red thing and oh yes a shell! "Where did you get the shell?" I ask, "out of the bin" he replied. Everything comes out of the bin, can't through anything away!

Can you believe there was 33 items in all! It must be like a tardis in there :P

If I want to clean his room I have to do it whilst he's at school or else they'll be trouble :wacko:

He's collecting anything he can to make a robot (another obsession) with a boy he has coming for tea tomorrow, he's been planning this for days and is really looking forward to it :thumbs: I am so pleased he's decided to have someone back, even though it was a bit engineered :devil: I just hope it goes well and he doesn't end up frightening the boy with his controlling behaviour :(

He's downstairs now with the hoover running trying to get the house tidy for me because we have a guest coming tomorrow :wub: , although my husband isn't appreciating the hum-drum over the news :whistle:

Stones, leaves, pine cones, conkers, elastic bands, lego blocks, magnets, gameboys games, depends what mood he is in and on the season,but rarely has empty pockets and often rips them due to the hge amount of stuff in them. He can fit 9 pine cones in a very very small pocket and once he fills all 6 on his coat it becomes very heavy.

Sam has amazed an amzing collection of broken shards of assorted car light shrapnel from the sides of the road.

Its all loving carried in pockets untill it finds its way into the inner sanctum of his 'treasure box' .

He also collects the tops off beer bottles ...from the road side...and has a collection of elastic bands but they have to be bands discarded by the post man...ordinary elastic bands will not do.

nathan collects junk from skips....I prefer Sams very small stuff to nathans homage of thrown away assorted tape players, cd players and large Hifis.

The contents of my sons pockets are awful and there always full!...He has a thing about litter and always brings his home so there are always tissues paper towels etc.....He also usually has a bit of blu-tac, string, elastic bands ,lego hooks, paper clips and those very small screw drivers.He loves to make things he,s like a walking mini toolkit. OH! and at the weekends he always attaches a huge bunch of keys to his belt and carries a swiss army pen-knife.( never uses it stupidly he has it for making and mending ).

My husband (suspected AS) can't throw anything in the bin - a cleanliness thing. The most annoying is old loo rolls - he can change the old one to new one but has to put the old one on the windowsill instead of in the bin... (...we have 3 toilets...) ... my neighbours must think I'm starting a new home fashion...

I also have to tidy bedrooms when they are all out - and empty the children's bins immediately or they take everything out again. But my husband isn't too bad at that cos he cant touch the bin...

My son (AS, ADHD dx) can't play with anything for more than 2 mins without getting the next thing out - the first thing is completely forgotton about until trodden on. Then it is moved to the side cos he can't put anything away.

My daughter (NT) is actually the worst at tidying! Everything is left exactly where she finished with it but give her 20 secs & she wont even be able to remember where it is.

My room is the messiest - not because I can't tidy but because I spend my life tidying up after the others.

As for pockets - my daughter can't empty her piling tissue collection & I usually find them stuck to all the washing in bits as it comes out of the machine as there's always one that I missed.

My son likes to collect sticks / stones / bits of bark - which drives my husband mad cos of his cleanliness thing....

hey ho hum my life goes round and round...... :wacko:

Lesley

It's not only boys. My AS daughter tells everyone she's an "avid collector". Her collection consists of a load of old tat which she won't let me throw away. Bottle tops, bits of wood, sticks, leaves, plasticine, coloured paper, bits of plastic... she spends the whole of play and lunchtimes at school scouring the playground and it all goes in her pockets. She actually went to a party recently (quite a rare occurence) and when I went to pick her up, L had spent the whole of the party collecting up all the used torn wrapping paper, empty present boxes and pinata to take home. She then asked the mum if she wanted the box the birthday cake had come in because she'd quite like that too!!! We ended up with a black sack full of rubbish to take home to add to her "collection".

Lisa

wow all my son has inhis pockets are his hands and fluff lol :o

All of the above. Batteries - dead or alive. Leaflets- those ones you get on carousels about anything - cards(same), twigs, stones, paperclips loving made into long strings! paper and lists. He will actaully use carbon paper to keep a copy of a list which can be about anything so if I dare to tidy up and throw out he still has a copy!

tissues here...and paper planes....I need to tidy his room as well when he is at school...otherwise he collects everything...

hiya

yep my son is the same!. ;)

Small toys, bits of rubish hes collected from wherever hes been, stones, peices of paper, paper with his drawings on, keyrings,paper clips etc etc etc!!!. :wacko:

all sorts its a wonder his trousers stay up sometimes with the amount of junk in his pockets weighing them down!. :D

i'm forever finding strange things in my washing machine!!. :lol:

Sel.