Special_talent123

I feel like a child again- because of my speech

for 2 days now, It has been noticed that my speech is really slow than usual.I usually talk fast, without spacing in the conversation but few people have picked up that I am stuttering and can't always understand what I am saying. I am so slow i speak word by word slowly but can't always understand what i am saying. I used to have speech therapy for my speech delay but now i am feeling like that kid again. How am supposed to do my speech in parliament if it takes 5 minutes to repeat the words im saying to be understood.

I think you'll do the speech and be really good - and if you do stutter or have to repeat yourself, well stuff 'em, as long as you get your point across is all that matters. I know you'll be looking good, and I think you'll be fine on the day :thumbs: don't let last minute nerves take over!

On a more constructive note - is there any techniques you learnt before that could help you?

Edited by darkshine

im frustrated wit talking. It takes me too long to make myself understood. i only had speech therapy as a really young kid so i don't remember only mumdoes

Edited by Special_talent123

Hey again :)

Is your speech typed out? Last time I did a speech was at a funeral and it helped that it was written down so i could clearly focus on the words - it was really hard to slow it down (opposite problem to you right now) - I practised it in private before, making sure each word sounded clear and remembering to breathe was key too so maybe it helped a bit...

I'm sorry you are so frustrated, and that I can't really be much help - I'm sure someone on here must have advice though :unsure: can your mum help you if she remembers some techniques that are relevant to now?

I guess you have some options here:

1. Don't do the speech

2. Get someone else to speak for you

3. Ask your family members if they remember any of the techniques you learnt when you were a kid

What is the speech going to be about? (just out of interest)

i rang tthem up now she knows what im on about and told me to email her so dont and said cant i just write down the speech and someone read it for me, but i be next to them? she said she get the other young ambassadors to do it for me :), they expect me to meet the russian students so if i want to speak they will help me to talk,

my mum is taking me to the doctor next week as she rung an appointment for me and she coming with me

speech is about the film wwe made

Edited by Special_talent123

It sounds very sensible for someone else to read your speech for you. I'm glad they've been so understanding about this difficulty.

I hope the doctor will be able to help.

That's good news :D well done for asking - it would have been a shame to miss out - hope that you are able to get past this and get talking again soon - good luck at the docs too :)

Can't help you there I'm afraid :lol: I'm sure you'll look great... I like the colour purple better than gold, its rich in a more subtle way perhaps, probably best to not get one that's too dark though :)