• ENFP (~champion)
    • ENTJ (~fieldmarshal)
    • ENTP (~inventor)
    • ESTJ (~supervisor
    • ESFJ (~provider)
    • ESTP (~promoter)
    • ESFP (~performer)

I just got to know this test..

Butterfly is INFP (a healer..) It all fits rather well..

(the images on google are humourus and/or confronting..)

Interesting to see where this conversation goes: my theory is that AS disrupts some otherwise reliable outcomes from the MBTI test.

Chris (Registered MBTI practitioner since 1997)

It's Christmas Eve, for heaven's sake! All the Extraverts are out at parties!

(Merry Christmas all!)

On the Dutch forum I posted this 3 days ago.. we have 4 E's so far.. (& and none of them are partners of.. as far as I know ;-) )

MBTI isn't that known in Holland.. We overall use The Core Quadrant of Ofman a lot though..(qualities, challenges, allergies and pitfalls)

I wonder if it is related - ie built round Jung's theory of personality type? One can be too purist - eg in the poll the OP subtitles the 'MBTI letters' with subtitles drawn from Kiersey's slightly different conclusions (used in 'Please Understand Me' for example).

In the real MBTI, the outcome of the indicator ('test' to the uninitiated) isn't 'it' - 'it' (likely to be your true personality type) very often emerges after further learning and/or one-to-one conversation with the practitioner. I regularly have people change their decision about their own type when they have explored the implications in greater depth. This is fine, and practitioners are trained to handle this. Even the 'official test' (which is not open access online) only produces the settled and final result in about 4 out of 5 cases, and the online 'pirate' versions are likely to be a bit less accurate.

(You can probably tell I'm not cooking Christmas dinner in my house!!)

The MBTI was developed in the US in the 1940s without any knowledge of AS when psychology was in its infancy. There have been questions whether it is accurate for people with AS.

I find it interesting that it isn't well known in Holland and I am now wondering whether it is most popular in the Anglophone world.

I don't like these types of tests :) but for the hell of it I had a go at the first one (I think it was the 1st link - I did it a few days ago and forgot to post) it couldn't make up its mind between me being the architect and crafter type/s - there was a tiny difference :rolleyes:

MBTI isn't that known in Holland.. We overall use The Core Quadrant of Ofman a lot though..(qualities, challenges, allergies and pitfalls)

I'd never heard of The Core Quadrant of Ofman until you mentioned it. Do you think it is useful for mapping autistic traits? I tried it for one of mine:

Core quality: systemising

Pitfall: trying to impose order and predictability on things that cant be systemised

Challenge: accept things in their disorganised state

Allergy: chaos and disorder

:unsure: Is this correct?

Back to the original thread, I am INTJ or ISTJ. It varies.

I'd never heard of The Core Quadrant of Ofman until you mentioned it. Do you think it is useful for mapping autistic traits? I tried it for one of mine:

Core quality: systemising

Pitfall: trying to impose order and predictability on things that cant be systemised

Challenge: accept things in their disorganised state

Allergy: chaos and disorder

:unsure: Is this correct?

Back to the original thread, I am INTJ or ISTJ. It varies.

Hi Rannoch,

Overal it's about all kind of traits on any human.. :-) What am I good at/what not..

To better know yourself and your reactions to wards others..

A certain collegue annoys me, for she has no order.. (nor do I actually, but I do my best) so she is my 'allergy'

It annoyed me a lot less, seeing that actually we are rather simular, only I handle the organizing kinda better ;-)

It also helps me see what to avoid and whatt to strife for / keep stimulating

Does that shine a better light on it?

Kernkwadrant_ENG.gif

http://www.tenhaaf.info/personal_eng/visie%20en%20missie/kernkwadrant/kernkwadrant_frame.htm

Overal it's about all kind of traits on any human.. :-) What am I good at/what not..

To better know yourself and your reactions to wards others..

Does that shine a better light on it?

That's very interesting, though the diagram looks rather complex. I must read more about this. Thanks.

I've done the Myers-Briggs test three times to date. The first time I was INFJ, the second two times ISTJ.

OK, Myers Briggs identifies types rather than measuring traits. Ofman (which looks good) is coming at personality from a different angle, and I can see how it might indicate the impact of autism on the traits of a personality.

My own MBTI type (which repeatedly does not show up simply through doing the questionnaire!) is undoubtedly correct, but my autism impacts by cutting across my ability to access some of my predicted strengths. I would predict that this would be true of other autistic individuals, and could lead to confusing outcomes without skilled interpretation. Confusing along the lines of 'the 'test' says INTJ, after reflection I'm inclined to think I'm INTP, but if that were true, then I'd be good at xy and z, but I'm not, so either I've done it wrong, or MBTI is a load of rubbish'.

I do encounter people who rubbish MBTI sometimes: maybe they've had a bad encounter with it or with a less than professionally sharp practitioner. In my experience MBTI is a tool that is good at doing what it says it does. Finding it ineffective for something different is like condemning a hammer for being really rotten at cutting wood!

MBTI was designed to be administered by professional psychologists. It was not designed for determining successful candidates in job interviews.

Absolutely right, Canopus. A competent practitioner will steer clear of any hint that one type should be employed over another. To be fair, it can be harder for an 'in-house' practitioner to resist (often well-meaning) management pressure to deploy MBTI as an interview tool.