Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

We have FULLTIME schooling!!

OMG!! I cannot believe it. Tyler was due to start fulltime in reception last year, never happened! Neither did it happen this year (he only attanded 4hrs a day in 2 blocks)

Well, yesterday I had had enough and approached the head teacher before school started at 9am and asked what was happening for next year. I was told that his level of support had been dropped from Level 8 to a lower level that I'm not sure of. I never knew this and neither did his helper when i told her. I and she were told only 2weeks ago that he was awarded the same level of support after his annual review in March!! :wub:

The head told me that he would slowly integrate him into fulltime but bare in mond that he has been saying this for the last 2 school years!!! He was never going to carry out this so I left there fuming and yelling and he KNEW I was pissed!! (sorry if I'm not allowed to say that!).

I came home to call the Education Authority only to find the manager who is also in charge of my son's case, in a meeting. Still fuming I called a charity that helps speical needs children fight for Educational rights and spoke to the guy that deals with Tyler. He knows all about his case. Anyway, after a shocking conversation that I cannot go into here for 2 legal reasons, he told me to leave it up to him.

I went to collect Tyler from school at 12pm and was told that he WILL be in fulltime school in September (entering Yr2). It had been a morning full of fone calls, me scanning in and emailling my son's statement to this guy etc etc. I cannot believe that after 2yrs of fighting, it is all sorted in less than 3hrs!!! :thumbs:

The head however has not got off lightly (unbeknown to him! LOL) b/c 2 laws have been broken and I along with this guy are going to make darn sure that he gets punished for them. I heard that the Education Authority had called him yesterday morning after I called this guy and that is what must have kicked him into gear b/c that Head must be crapping in his boots right now!

Soooo, finally my son is getting the fulltime school he deserves and with fulltime support too that the school are topping up (I assume). A meeting with the head is planned for next week and that should be an interesting one. :devil:

Also, on Friday, my son was assessed by a Child Psych for 2hrs in school (sent by Education Authourity) and he supports the ASD theory BUT said that he would be very surprised if he didn't have ADHD too!! :o I have always said he had ASD and ADHD since he was toddling but oh no, his Pead wasn't having any of it!

It finally looks like I'm winning the most important battles of our lives!!! WooHooo!!!!!! :clap: He is sending his reports under my request to the Autism Team and this Pead.

OK, thanks for reading this far! Sorry it's long but it's been an eventful few days!

Well done :dance::dance:

All your hard work has paid off. Can I be a fly on the wall at your meeting with the Head next week, it's sounds like it's going to be good ;)

Annie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm delighted for both of you.Hopefully the headmaster will be called in a told a few home truths!

The full-time education should be better for both of you. You may even get a little time to yourself during the day! :thumbs::thumbs:

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

hi im new today but wanted to say that that is great news . B)

i have found over the years my sons education issues have been the hardest to fight for so its great to hear some good news

nay xx

Fantastic news, all be worth it in the end

Good luck for Tyler in September too, we'll be thinking of him and I hope it goes well

wow congratulations!

you must be so proud, god some ppl are useless arent they , but looks like that mans gonna get whats coming to him

ooh i love the smell of victory in the air! B)

hi tylers mum WOW WHAT FANTASTIC NEWS FOR YOU AND TYLER AT LAST HE CAN FEEL LIKE A NORMAL SCHOOLBOY HOPE HE ENJOYS SCHOOL GREAT NEWS FOR HIM the only reason my twins are still in full time education is down to the techers who are very good with them and know all their little quirks thats whats stops me from taking them out of the school they have one of the best schools to go to ANYHOW ENOUGH BABBLE WELL DONE YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK LOVE TO HEAR GOOD NEWS ON THE FORUM ONE MORE IN THE EYE FOR THE AUTHORITIES WHO CLAIM TO KNOW OUR CHILDREN KEEP SMILIN LUV KARIN XX

Thanks everyone. :D :D

Karin - it takes a long hard battle but it's sooo worth it in the end to see them crouching in their seats when they realsie that they've been beaten!!! ;) LOL

I don't think it's treally sunk in with Tyler yet. I think he's got into a routine of asking to go to school for dinners and now it's happened and I've explained it to him, he STILL asks to go in for dinners! Bless him!

Hi Tylersmum,

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying. Well done to you for getting it all sorted :D

It's so upsetting that we do have to fight for basic rights (I knoe someone has already said this)

But fab!!! Well done again

Denisex