Sign in to follow this  
jlogan1

childs plan!

am just after advise or peoples views,my dd of 15 was diagnosed just over a year ago,but has not been to school since leaving primary,so over 3 1/2 years ago,have ds of 14 who has been out of school for about 1 1/2 years although no diagnosis yet,still working on that one! and dd of 11 who is also being assessed and goes to school as many times as can get her there!!! social services have been involved since about last april as they said because problems with all 3!i spoke to ss yesterday and she is talking about a childs plan,which has been mentioned many a time over the last 4 years,but what does it actually mean?im not sure whether its just for one or all three have meeting on tuesday next week but not sure what im looking for? any advise greatly accepted!

regards julia

Hi Julia,

Never heard of it before so I googled it. It seems to be the Scottish equivalent of what we have here in England called the Common Assessment or CAF, a miltiagency assessment of all a child's needs including health, social care and education.

This link might help to explain more, look at the right hand side of the page for the Child's plan word doc to download. It's quite detailed.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/socialwork/servicestochildrenandfamilies/

Hope that helps,

K x.