Sign in to follow this  
niki

GROWL

I am ###### furious.

I was given less than 24hours notice to attend my sons statement review.

I could not get time off work at that short a notice so i had to send my dad, but they blame a miscommunication amongst the staff! :angry::angry::angry:

At least they had the decency to admit to it...

I'm sure lots of schools would have bluffed with "Didn't you read the letter we sent two weeks ago? Tut Tut Tut..."

;)

BD

I recently got my son's school to delay his statement review after failing to give us enough notice by quoting paragraph 9.17 of the SEN Code of Practice 2001 which specifies that copies of the advices must be circulated at least two weeks before the meeting. I don't know if that will help now the meeting has already happened, but it's a place to start if you want to make a complaint ;)

Absolutely hear hear you should complain.

Our son had his pre-school handover review last week and the school he will be attending didn't turn up

Lesley :wallbash:

:unsure: Similar thing happened to me a mix -up caused the LEA to have a different date for the review so they never turned up.The school blamed LEA......LEA blamed school :wallbash: .

thanx for the advice chap and chapesses i am not going to let this one lie, and disadvantage some other parent without the wonderfull resource that i have here!

Hi,

might be a good idea to nip into secretary's office and check that the school have up-to-date contact details for you. That way, they have no excuse for not giving you the required two week's notice.

Then off you go, all guns blazing...

says me, who has just noticed that the IEP I signed in a rush at 3.30 one day had 5 hours less support on it than his statement.

wac

I had a similar thing happen to me. I was telephoned at 9.15am to ask if I was attending the 9am meeting :angry: Having not washed my hair or even being dressed (my husband had taken our son to school on his way to work) I scrabbled about to get ready with a 1 year old to get there - completely unprepared!

I thought that they had to write to you and give you 14 days notice, at least? That I have since found out having just had our 2nd review. I checked with Parent Partnership and they thought that you could ask for it to be postponed if it was not at a mutually convienient time.

I'm afraid it seems to be a learning process and what they think they can get away with if you're new to it!

Edited by invent 10 things b4 breakfast