Sign in to follow this  
Carol

better not light any candles

well aint the summer holidays grand - we are only the 2nd day in and we already have problems.

Andrew has just attacked my youngest son - he was "standing too close" to him and he now has a big red nail mark clawed down his back - so I banned Andrew from games - I was letting him on for a short while to check something on his game. I have been trying to cut back on his hours as he is on extreme obsession with the pc at the moment. the other week he was so enraged at his other brother he tore the bedroom door off the hinges and threw his brother to the ground and my middly lad's back got severly scratched from the nails in the door.

Of course with the banning comes the violence - you know the switching on & off of the plug etc - & he switched off the tv repeatedly and it looks like it won't go back on now :( .

I also had candles lit ( they are all lavendar etc so lit them to calm everyone down) and after him punching & pushing me, he decided to attack me with the candles - lol I had to laugh at the surprise on his face when i just blew the candles out - so he tried candle after candle then threw the hot wax on me & then all over the floor - so no more candles in the livingroom.:(

Now I have to be human shield between him & his brothers and I am just bone weary with it - I am just so tired of being alert all the time and trying to stay calm and trying to do the "right thing" and I know his brothers are just sick to death of all of this.

sorry to moan I just feel the depression creeping up a bit as I have not been to the gym for ages and can't get any time soon as the kids are off now & Mark is away on business all week & probably away all next week too & I am working all weekend too.

sorry - I didn't mean to turn this into a "woe is me" if anyone can offer anything practical I would appreciate it.:)

Carol

Hi Carol,

Sorry to hear you've had such a hard start to the holidays. I've not got any advice, I just wanted to say...hang in there and send you a big >:D<<'> . Is there anyone you can get to help you with the boys? maybe take one or two of them off your hands for a few days? and give you and the boys a bit of a break.

Actually I was surprised they had broken up already, mine don't break up for another two weeks yet. I guess its different all around the country.

Hope things calm down for you, ttfn, tizz

is he better out of the house?

parks are great things on long days and if I buy the right stuff even Com likes a picnic and he really likes being in woods

I know you can't stay out all day, every day, but even just breaking up the long periods inside with a walk might help.

good luck

Zemanski

it is a good idea - a bit of fresh air does blow out the cobwebs - I had planned on taking them for a walk tomorrow - but it has been raining here today - & it is really difficult getting Andrew out the house & just lately he has been so defiant and confrontational that he is likely to get very hostile even if I suggest to him to leave the house - unless he gets a slushie & a magazine& etc etc etc.

I am sure tomorrow will be a better day - just wish this adrenalin would dissapate so I could get some sleep lol

Carol