Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

Explosions in Central London

I dare not tell my 17 year old son about this. He spent all day yesterday in a state because London were given the Olympics and his concern was that this was going to happen? Of course it may not be connected it could be to do with the G8 sumit or nothing at all - but I know one thing he will not believe it.

It looks dreadful.

Carole

I just read this in a group i belong to, i have had the tv on all morning but havent heard anything. how awful.

wonder why and why now?

I don't think I will be taking Ben to Guys now.

I have a nephew who is in london on a school trip. they went by train and are stuck in the middle of it all, he's only 12. I just hope that is the last of it and he gets home OK.

Viper.

I'm sure they will be fine Viper, but it must be worrying, people I know on other forums are locked in on full bomb alert with blinds shut,told to keep away from windows etc.

Guys been on the news, looks like chaos

:pray: Thoughts with everyone in London,and to those with families and loved ones down there

its awful, i read about it first here after i had posted my now much insignificant message about eugene.

I hope everyone is ok, and viper i hope your nephew is ok. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this awful news.

Please take care

Shaz

x :unsure:

7 Explosions confirmed, prime minister admitted its a terrorist attack :( what a pathetic world we live in

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! :o:angry:

Viper - I am thinking of your nephew, I'm sure he'll be fine though! >:D<<'>

My sister's friend commutes to work by train and she hasn't been able to get hold of her today. I'll keep you posted.

This is so awful. How pathetic of the people that have done this.

I was in Kings Cross Station yesterday with Kai. Thank God we didn't go there today.

Viper, hope your nephew is ok.

I'm just trying not to let Kai find out about this, he will never go on a train again.

Loulou x

:( It sends shivers down my spine , these attacks are awful, we were caught up in the IRA blast that devastated Manchester can,t tell you the panic the wind sucked in and every where went still then bang and glass everywhere......hideous.So hope those poor people in London are O.K. It,s making me feel sick as it un-folds on t.v.

Hi everyone, my nephew is home safe and sound, his train was stoped and sent back before it got into London too far, it went to grenwich then came back.

Thanks for your concern.

Viper.

Pleased he is ok Viper, feel so guilty living up north unable to help when you see the chaos down there

Avoiding allowing my son watching it as he'll ask too many questions and become paranoid

It's almost (but not quite) as if nothing has happened here in West London. The tube is shut, but it feels just like a strike day. People walking down to the mainline station with gritty determination to get home. Not panicky at all. I think it is much harder to watch from a distance. Had loads of phone calls today. Overseas calls are having trouble getting through.

My heart goes out to anyone still waiting for news.

Lets just hope its the end of it

They seem to have a thing about numbers 9/11 the emergency number for America is when they attacked them, and the 7 attacks on the 7th of the 7th is when they have attacked London. Evil planned attacks on innocent people, words can't describe how I feel about the world I live in at the moment.

All my on-line friends that live in London are okay, albeit inevitably shaken-up by today's events. A couple of them were really close to the blasts as they happened, and only narrowly missed them.

Personally, I too was shaken up by this in about the first 3 or 4 hours after the incidents happened. That's only natural, and part of me was glad to feel very human about it. But now I feel ... kinda "normal" again - almost ready to move on from this already. :wacko: That can't be right - it's not even been 12 hours since the bombs went off. :shame:

I'm an occasional visitor to London, either going there for a specific reason, or passing through to get to somewhere else. What's happened isn't going to put me off travelling there in future though - that would be letting the terrorists win. In fact the only thing putting me off in the immediate future is the possibility of difficulties with transportation, which will take some time to resolve.

Have to say though - I don't think any of you will be able to hide today's events from your kids for very long, however hard you try.

And that's an interesting viewpoint there, Jaded. :blink:

7 attacks on the 7th of the 7th is when they have attacked London.

... well ... "just" the 4 attacks actually, but that's not much consolation ...

James

And that's an interesting viewpoint there, Jaded.

Bombs have been an ever-present threat for the past 30 years or so. I remember hearing a bomb go off very loudly nearby way back in the 90's and was trapped inside a building for the best part of the day/night whilst they were looking for a strongly suspected 'secondary'. The office I used to work in had a notice board at the security desk which told you which state of alert the city was in.

I am, however, thinking of all those who are waiting for loved ones. My husband isn't home yet but we've been in contact all day.

Who was it that said, 'Don't let the b@ggers get you down'?

my nephew works in russel square where there was an explosion but his shift this week was nights thank god,i was so worried and i couldnt get through to anyone,those poor families who have lost loved ones

I just read this in a group i belong to, i have had the tv on all morning but havent heard anything. how awful.

wonder why and why now?

G8 has brought all world leaders together,and there is a lot of attention been put on the UK ,so it maximises the terrorists' publicity,

A major forum i use based in london was affected by the bombings,it's been offline all day.

strange that i've not come across any other sites affected by it yet though,anyone else know of similar problems?