Hey, after looking around the forum, I though I would introduce myself now, well my name is Bryce and I am 21 years old and live in a baltic Scotland lol, I am officially diagnosed with High Functional Aspergers Syndrome. I am currently in the process of creating thou i am such a procrastinator lol a social enterprise business assisting people with aspergers syndrome by training and consulting on the condition to a multitude of people. My main goal within my new company well 2 goals actually is to first of all train admin and call centre workers basically frontline workers in aspergers syndrome and hopefully inspire the government to make it a legal obligation that my training package is delivered to both public and private front line workers however I do know thats asking too much but hey I will try! My second goal and may I make my advanced sorry and apology if this offends anyone here but my goal controversially is to find the silver bullet a cure! I firmly believe I don't want aspergers in life and I reluctantly have to come to terms that I have the condition thou my feelings are that I believe with the advances in science we can find a cure and a treatment that reverse the effects of what I see is a brain disease in my mind! I just would love soo much to become a neurotypical its unreal. So that's me, I am Bryce I have aspergers but not for long as I am determined to fight this condition as its been a virus in my life, its destroyed my family apart literately, I have no close friends to speak off and I dread the future! So I am sorry if I have offended anyone again! i am not implying nor stereotyping people but this is my own personal view so I hope you will be able to accept me the way I am on this forum and I lookforward to speaking to ya all

GlobalRev1

Hi Bryce - interesting goals ;) I'm not sure how many people will agree with your second goal - I of course remain resolutely neutral on that one :lol: it's interesting to hear different points of view though, and your first goal sounds a cool thing to do :D

Welcome Bryce.

When I was 21 I hated being Asperger's too. Well, I would have done if anyone knew the meaning of the term at that time. But I hated having the symptoms and just thought I was odd. So I am all for a cure, but failing that I am delighted that young people today can at least get a proper diagnosis and hopefully a more understanding community response. In your case, though, it sounds like that kind of response has not happened?

In any event, your positivity is to be welcomed. Keep it up.

Welcome to the forum Bryce.

Firstly massive respect for setting up as self employed. I think it is so important that we have a strong belief structure in ourselves and do everything we can within our control to move forwards in our own lives. The world is a big place and as such there is plenty of room for a diverse range of viewpoints. If human kind had only listened to individuals who were in the majoirty we would have done little to advance the cause of our species over the centuries. ASD diagnosis are often connected to people who have an ability to think outside the box, and if we are such an individual I personally feel we have a responsibility to explore new concepts and ideas which many might consider to be on the fringe.

I personally think it is irrelevant if I agree with your thinking or not, it is however very important that I respect your views and as such look forwards to your contributions on the forum,

best wishes.

I am 21 years old and live in a baltic Scotland lol

What's the joke?

Welcome

ASD has also caused problems in my family, im quite relieved that im living on my own as that causes less problems.

Hi Bryce

I think what you are doing is fantastic. I am 36 and only just been diagnosed with asperges and feel the same as you. I really wish I didn't have it. I am currently on a 3 year Bsc in psychology and my goal is to work within the asperges field as you are to research and support people with asperges. Hopefully if and when I graduate I will be more accepting and knowledgable of this condition within myself

In order to be of help to others. Good luck.

Hello Bryce

I have bad news I'm afraid. Although I totally understand your point, the neurones in your brain cannot regenerate or change so there isn't a "cure" coming anytime soon. I only found out I had AS after many, many years which has completed the lifelong unsolved mystery of my life. To this end, I have decided to embrace the condition and use it to my advantage (such as in my clinical practice). Had it not been for meeting my wife (who has brought me positivity in my life), I would probably have been dead as I tried to commit parasuicide twice years ago due to clinical depression (loss of a girlfriend mainly) and acute loneliness. Had I'd known I had AS then, I may have perceived things differently