smileyK

caught 'little friends' again at work!!!:(

just checked my hair - with nit comb not happy as found little friends once again i keep getting them getting SO fed up & annoyed!!! parents don't check their child's hair often or treat them and goes round to child and staff! had boiled my hairbrushes and take my pillow cases off! looks like i be down tesco's pharmacy AGAIN so sick and tired of them coming back i even had my hair cut short and still manage to find me somehow driving me pure mad crazy! one thing i don't LOVE about my job working in nursery and parents don't check their child's hair or bother treat them as reaffect staff and others! and nit lotion ain't cheap to buy at all! £11 for small plastic spray can of it! need more wages just fund me buying nit lotion and staying nit free for once! i used get them all time at school keep thinking i have itchy head because im sweaty from gym or exercising each time but it not these annoying mites yuk!

XKLX

I work with animals and catch all sorts of "little friends" there.

Have you checked whether nit treatments are available on prescription?

I could tell you a thing or two about head lice, One job I was in, the first thing I did each day on getting home each day was get the nit comb out.

I know all about the life cycle of a head lice and all the different ways of tackling them.

When you have looked after children so infested you can see the little blighters marching along the hairs on there heads from 20 paces, finding one or two on you own head is not that worrying.

I used the comb and conditioner approach to dealing with them on my self.

I brought hedrin lotion two bottles as one isnt going to be enough for my thick hair going leave it on overnight! I used catch nits all time at school and had to be treated now doing same at work it my own fault keep forgetting to nit comb my hair! Now paying the consequences! Hedrin cost £21.94 so not cheap option to get nits!

Hi Hun,put your hair up in a high ponytail/ bun,and use a bit of serum as it will make your hair harder to cling to,and don't put your head to close to the kids!!!

try using tea tree combed conditioner through your hair,for some reason the little pests don't like the effect of the tea tree smell/taste,who knows. my son had them last christmas and i used the usual stuff then regularly used tea tree conditioner until i was satisfied they had all gone. I got him to understand not to have his head touching someone else's when in school/play etc.so far he is clear.

apparantly if you put conditioner thru ur hair, then put a shower cap on over it, leave it overnight, it suffocates them and they die!

also I have heard vodka in the hair is a good alternative to the hedrin stuff, and may work out cheaper lol

I have not tried either tho!

Pancake - hard / difficult task keep head away from kids when come up cuddle you and don't know which child has got them!!! Impossible task! Always have my hair up at work but can't have hair in high ponytail as had hair cut short! Can just get it in ponytail but I manage!!!

Edited by smileyK

i had long hair in my teenage years, when i was a skateboarder type. to avoid headlice i just diddnt wash my hair, i was told headlice thrive in clean hair so i was like alright thats settled then lol.