Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. My son was recently diagnosed as being in ASD along with ADHD. His IQ is phenomenal, 144, but his behavior is disconcerting. In part it was the behavior that led to such extensive testing, I'm glad we had such thorough testing performed via the school and his psychologist (whom we'll be receiving further results from on the 19th of this month). Basically what is sought here is support (for both him and myself) and more resources to better help him cope and learn.

Any advice or resources (web, books, or other materials), and suggestions, would be most appreciated. We are from the US and this is relatively new to us, but somewhat expected. This was the first forum I was able to locate and I look forward to sharing and receiving information with this community.

Much Love & Thanks,

Jeni Rowland

Hello and welcome, I'm new here too.

I'm mum to J 17 and L 9 who have moderate autism, J was diagnosed at three and L at two so I've had years to get used to it. I remember the early days being very difficult myself as well

Look forward to chatting soon

Hi Jeni, and welcome.

We are a UK-based forum here, so we won't be able to advise you much on how to access formal support for your son, but obviously we can still make suggestions and be a listening ear for you.

I hope you will like it here. We're all a bit nutty, but don't worry, you soon will be too :)

Welcome there is an interventions section on the boards that you might find useful.

There are a few books on ADHD and a few on autism but i haven't found any on both. However a lot of the strategies

to help with executive functioning (for example) apply to both disabilities (at least according to one book which the title

escapes me now), might be the ADHD parent handbook.