A-S warrior

allow myself to introduce myself.

hi there, im A-S warrior, why am i called that? because ive beaten the so called "disability" that the doctors made me belive, and now use it as a tool to use to my advantage. i "suffer" from aspergers by the way. im 21 and i was diagnosed in 1995 after me and a group of friends tryed to set fire to a tree at school. i was weeded out as the follower of the group, the one that watched from the sidelines and as a result got tarred with the same brush. since that point the teachers anilysed my behavior until they reached the conclusion that im a classic a-s sufferer. i was given a second, third and forth opinion. life was very hard until my late teens when i had the epiphany, and that was aspergers is not a disability, its an ability. for example, i can rember my first trip to butlins, august the 8th 1993. so the first ability is photographic memory, second is a methodical way of thinking and quickly finding solutions i.e keeping a cool head in a crisis situation. 3rd supreme intelligence (witch is common place for asperger sufferers) as you can see the list goes on and on. the disabiliys? well i dont see any to be quite honest. the only "disabilitys" or limitations as an asperger sufferer are the ones you make yourselves in your own mind. i dont mean to sound arogant or blunt but its true. since entering my 20,s and after being involved in intimate realtionships ive learned empathy, the ability to take on board pepoles problems, the ability to love and care and to show my true emotions. (can you tell im proud of my aspergers? lol) im currently writting a book to help put my outlook across (although the book is gathering dust and ive only written the foreword) anyway thats enough inflating my ego for now, just to say im looking forward to chatting to you guys and hopefully helping pepole out on here.

Edited by A-S warrior

Hello - It's nice to see a positive attitude, not that I mind negative attitudes - its just that negativity is common enough so it makes positivity stand out all the more. I'm more of a negative realistic - but I'm on a road of learning so cannot say I am a fixed thing - I do ramble at times though :D

Hello - It's nice to see a positive attitude, not that I mind negative attitudes - its just that negativity is common enough so it makes positivity stand out all the more. I'm more of a negative realistic - but I'm on a road of learning so cannot say I am a fixed thing - I do ramble at times though :D

my mission objective is simple, to shine the light and make pepole see that aspergers is a gift and not something to be labeled as a disability. pepole with aspergers actully have an advantage over the average person. and hopefully soon more pepole see that.

3rd supreme intelligence (witch is common place for asperger sufferers) as you can see the list goes on and on. the disabiliys? well i dont see any to be quite honest. the only "disabilitys" or limitations as an asperger sufferer are the ones you make yourselves in your own mind. i dont mean to sound arogant or blunt but its true. since entering my 20,s and after being involved in intimate realtionships ive learned empathy, the ability to take on board pepoles problems, the ability to love and care and to show my true emotions.

I'm in my 30s and I've never had a relationship. Am I doomed to be forever unable to take on board people's problems and show my true emotions? And I wouldn't call my intelligence supreme either, not by a long chalk.

I'm in my 30s and I've never had a relationship. Am I doomed to be forever unable to take on board people's problems and show my true emotions? And I wouldn't call my intelligence supreme either, not by a long chalk.

your not doomed at all! it just may be harder for you to learn these things but try hard and the rewards will come. anything worth doing is never going to be easy. and theres a reason you havent had a relationship yet and thats because your destiny partner hasnt found you yet, that person will be so special they will understand your needs perfectly. it can just take time for that person to find you. and dont ever sell yourself short by saying your intelligence isnt supreme or at least high. just belive in your self a bit more.

Hi Aeolienne

I certainly don't have supreme intelligence either. In fact I have very poor reading comprehension

Until I was 33, I suffered acute loneliness and thought I would remain a batchelor forever. So chin up girl - never give up hope

Hi Aeolienne

I certainly don't have supreme intelligence either. In fact I have very poor reading comprehension

Until I was 33, I suffered acute loneliness and thought I would remain a batchelor forever. So chin up girl - never give up hope

ah! but you do rob! maybe not acidemicly (can you tell from my spelling neither am i) but ive heard on the grapevine your an awsome photographer ;-P

A-S Warrier. Awesome photographer...?! Thanks but where did you hear that?

im have alot of confidence in pepole with aspegers being good at something they enjoy doing that i feel i can go out on a limb and hazard a gues, and i feel thats a universal trate with a-s suffers. im sure i,ll be contradicted by someone in the next post but thats my therory on it.

im sure i,ll be contradicted by someone in the next post but thats my therory on it.

Well it seems I am writing the next post so will not contradict you A-S warrior. But I'm afraid I cannot speak for the next poster he he ;) ...

Loving your outlook AS Warrior. It's so REFRESHING to hear someone using their AS as their advantage and being proud of it.

I have two sons, (Joe 7 and Joshua 4) I'll tell you a little about them *smile* bless 'em!

Joe has Autism/AS and Dyspraxia. He's exceptionally articulate, has knowledge beyond his years, is very loving and absolutely loves astronomy, geography and history. He calls his Autism 'Mr Chatty' - yes he has a name for it!! He's my best little buddy in the whole world and I love him to bits ... ok his behaviour can be quite challenging sometimes, but he always recovers quickly by breathing and counting with me. He also loves the deep pressure of me lying on him. He's copying to learn how to manage his feelings and frustrations at a very young age and is also doing a course of Occupational Therapy which is fantastic.

Joshua, my 4 year old doesn't talk too much, but every day I'm noticing improvements and he's talking loads more than ever before. Joshua has an exceptional decoding brain and I often find him reading the newspaper or picking up one oif his Dad's sci fi novels and reading fluently. He also has an amazing sense of humour and LOVES cuddling.

My husband has Aspergers and is one of the cleverest people I know. He drives me crazy sometimes, but it's part of his charm. We often get the wrong end of the stick and misunderstand each other but it's all ok in the end. We've been married 9 years and have two amazing children so something must be going right! He has an exceptionally demanding job in IT but manages to control his anxiety really well.

A funny story to end ..... this is what I have to deal with on a daily basis and although very stressful, it does make me laugh (somewhat hysterically!).

Before the school run, Joshua has a little ritual (which I am trying to break for my own sanity) of going round the entire house closing all the doors, making sure all the lights are off, telly off standby, radio off etc etc. This has to be worked into our morning routine and is rather tiresome! Anyway, yesterday we were sooooo late and I patiently waited for Joshua to do his thing, had both kids in the porch and nipped back in to get my keys. Returned to porch to find Joshua standing completely naked with only his shoes on clutching his reading folder ready to go. Meanwhile Joe's standing there shaking his head, tuttung saying 'Joshua, you're a disgrace' and Joshua saying back 'No Joe YOU are a disgrace'. So the conversation continued until clothes back on and out of the door .... strapped into car and it won't start!! A walk to school resembling sheep herding followed, but we got there in the end JUST before the bell! A typical morning with my gorgeous boys ... haha! :balloon: