mummyoffive

hi...im new to the site....

hi im a mum of 4 soon to be 5...as we are adopting a gorgeous little girl....

i have a son who got a dx of PDD at 14 after a 7 year battle...he is 22 now

and a daughter who got a dx of ASD at 3 she is 12 now...

just thought i would like to join and get as much advice and info into raising a daughter with a dx of asd...

i know i have already raised one daughter and 2 sons to adulthood one son with a dx

but my daughter is a whole knew ball game we have done really well up to this point but as she gets older

i am facing new challenges.... :pray: :pray: ....x

hi i am mum of 3 .16 year old dd diagnosed at age 14,14 year old son who was diagnosed 2 months ago and 11 year old daughter who they wont diagnose but i will bide my time!!!as to your 12 year old,all i can say is oh dear,girls are girls ,now lets be positive they are all wonderful at times but at that age every thing goes haywire!!! my advise take one day at a time because everything is changing and you just have to go with it,my dd's dont know whether they are coming or going some days,so relax.we had lots of trouble with our eldest at the 'time of the month ' and still do she will not go out anywhere and dresses 'down'and pretty much some months just hibernates for a week.but every kid is different as i am sure you know,hope things go fine with adoption admire you when you must already have your hands full!

regards julia

hi julia....

thanks for the message i can relate to what your saying about your daughter not wanting to go anywhere we are finding this more and more with our daughter not wanting to go anywhere...just wants to stay home....at the minute she has submerged herself in everything to do with the titanic it started with school homework..that spilled over to at home so she is watching and reading all about it....filling me in on every fact to do with the ship and what happened to it...this has been going on for 2 weeks..im not sure how long this will last before she moves on to something else.....and thank you about the adoption our little angel .

kind regards

jen

Hi Jen,

My son (12) was recently diagnosed - but like your daughter, he doesn't liek to go out much. He does go to school, but as it is the holidays right now, he would stay in front of the computer all day - I managed to drag him to the letterbox today to post a letter.

Good luck.

hi Jen nice to have you here. You will go through lots of challenges with your daughter in the future, once they reach 12 then things in my experience do get a lot worse especially with puberty hitting them! you will need a lot of support from all involved so make sure you get onto various professionals and keep getting onto them to make sure they listen to you and what your childs needs are. I think you are very brave to be adopting a little girl and wish you well with that. I admire what you are doing as that is something I could not have done, I struggled coping with one son with autism at home and you have 4 kids going on 5 you must be a fantastic mum :-)

thank you for my warm welcome...your comments are lovely...its not to mad at mine jeanneA my 3 older ones dont live at home 2 are married and 1 has just got his own pad so its just our 12 year old and our 1 year old at home.

i must say my 12 year old does love having her own space...my older children say we had the conservatory build just for our daughter because that has become her space where she retreats too she loves that room...x