matzoball

So very very angry...

Something happened to me recently (that I can't really talk about openly), that has made me feel absolutely betrayed and subsequently has made me so distraught and angry that I don't know what to do.

I attend CBT to deal with my anger and how I react to situations that may result in me being angry - but this has really thrown me for a loop.

I guess I'm not really looking for feedback - just looking to vent a little!

All I would say is that anger is a valid emotion as any other. As long as you feel the context has resulted in an appropriate emotional response then be angry, very angry and just let the emotion play its way out. I think we only get into trouble when our emotions out of context and become mispalced. Anger is a strong emotion Matzoball and as such it will throw you for a while, that's just a part of life at the end of the day, the worst possible thing to do would be to try and supress the emotion and be in denial which you clearly are not.

just a thought, best wishes.

Thanks LancsLad - I guess what is throwing me for a loop about it is that I know I have every right to be angry, but I am in a position where I am more or less not being allowed to react. So feeling as upset and angry as I do, and having frustration being put on top of that is, well, frustrating!

I'm just going to have to eat the large easter egg in the kitchen to calm me down haha

that so funny, i was half way through an anger topic last night and backed out of it, i am open about mine, i have a wonderfull perfect woman out there madly in love with me and im in love with her, but we cant be togrther because shes indian and has a family thats from the 17th century, that belives in arranged marriges and seting an example to the younger members of your family, and im just like a caged lion ready to rip someones head off, we had 2 wonderfull years together, and im angry and sad now because it was this time 2 years ago we were falling in love, and so the spring air is bringing back all my memories. there is a chance we will one day fight but it would take alot of courage on her part because its a very large family to upset, scary, angry and sad times for me. but! im not one to play the oh! why me? card. even though everybody around me is marryed, getting marryed, or engaged, and all they care about is the idel wedding, i thought just being in love was enough, but no everybody i know doesnt appreciate what they,ve got they always want more. i would marry my girl wearing a wonderwoman costume in the pouring rain on the steps of churchill square on a tuesday morning if it ment i could sign that paper and make her mine.

I just wanted to say hope you enjoyed that easter egg matzoball :thumbs: I finished my big easter egg today that hubby bought and very nice it was to :-))

It's a tough one Matzoball. Anger sounds like a totally appropriate response. What you need is a safe place to express it, not therapy to stop you feeling it. Life is just tibbish sometimes, innit. I hope the egg helped.

i rember 1 time when i was so unbelivabley pissed off, i had a stack of boxes and bubble rap from previous parcels that i couldnt be botherd to throw away and i had an empty house, so i brought the boxes downstairs and went AHHHHHHHHHHH! and then smashed them all into a thousand pieces, i jumped, on them pounded them, kicked them, tore them with my bare hands, basicly i stomped a mud hole in them and then walked them dry. and the sound of the cardboard crumbling and bubblerap popping made it even more satisfiying. it felt so good i was laughing for about 15 mins after. the feeling of control coming back to me was awsome, i felt supernatural afterwards. so my advice to all, when you feel a rage comming get down to the post office and buy 30 boxes and keep them on stand by. and when the time comes you know what to do. and dont stop until every bit of anger has been ringed dry out of every fiber of your being, just like water being ringed out of damp clothes. its such a release.

In my defense, I was typing it on my phone which has a teenyweeny screen and I have fat, dyspraxic fingers. You should have seen what came up on my first two attempts at "egg!"

You make a valid argument - I believe you :lol:

I got given too many eggs for easter... I have only eaten half of one and I still have 4 left + some stupid chicken thing... It's a shame you can't share chocolate on the internet or everyone could have some.

Matzo

I melted it and made it into a ganache for a cake :) Thanks JeanneA and Tally xx

Sorry to hear you're going through it at the moment. If it's any comfort, you have brought what looks to be a new delight to my life. As I have finished my egg I have now 'borrowed' small pieces of my children's eggs and am going to give this ganache a try.

I'm bad, and I know it. :devil:

Hey hope you enjoyed the ganache :-) When I get angry I tend to eat as much chocolate as I can get my hands on, naughty I know but it helps me :lol: Anyway just thought I would share that with you all. :-))