darkshine

I want to kill my cat

First of all - I am not going to kill my cat - or injure him - or do anything other than swear loudly while he sits and looks at me indifferently.

Rah - he's bought yet another mouse in and dropped it in his dinner bowl!!! Where it promptly ran under a unit where I can't get it to catch and release it!!!

The last one I managed to catch and release - nice story - 2am, really tired, going to bed, in comes cat and I just know he has a rodent. I managed to catch it (while getting bitten twice for my efforts) and bang - that was my "early" night out of the question - cuz it wound me up so much.

The two before that caused 50 quid worth of damage :angry: I am so very angry :angry: angry....

So after listening to me swear at him (while he really did sit there with a "so what?" look on his face) he has decided to go out to try to catch another - I just know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::wallbash::angry:

Rant finished - while I sit here and fume quietly to myself like a lunatic.... ###### cat!!! (that was an f word)

Hi, Yes i know exactly what you mean happens to us all the time i have 3 cats and have a phobia about mice.............i rely on my husband to deal with it but i ahve to run somewhere in the hosue for safety and shake.......they havent doen it for a while as weve had alot of rain here in wales for last few weeks........i say the same stupid cat cant even catch it properly and they think their doing good as its suppose to be a Present ..........i even get premenision[spelling] dreams about the cat bringing a mouse in .................lol

Simple answer, get a dog. The only thing they leave around the house is a big lump of excrement when they get older from time to time, might smell a bit when you get up in the morning but it doesn't run under kitchen units.

Our worst present (so far) from the a cat was a pigeon.

No idea how the cat manged to get through the cat flap with the pigeon in her mouth.

Hi, Yes i know exactly what you mean happens to us all the time i have 3 cats and have a phobia about mice.............i rely on my husband to deal with it but i ahve to run somewhere in the hosue for safety and shake.......they havent doen it for a while as weve had alot of rain here in wales for last few weeks........i say the same stupid cat cant even catch it properly and they think their doing good as its suppose to be a Present ..........i even get premenision[spelling] dreams about the cat bringing a mouse in .................lol

Annoying isn't it?!? I don't have a mouse phobia - I actually have a mouse as a pet (this mouse is no problem at all) - its just wild ones running free in my house that I take issue with.

We still haven't caught it. Gonna buy 2 more traps today :rolleyes: (friendly traps)

Our cats have only ever brought back the remains, like half a rabbit.

I haven't had that happen yet :lol:

No idea how the cat manged to get through the cat flap with the pigeon in her mouth.

One of my cats did this - he came through the cat flap head first and then sort of spun round so his body came through, while the bird was out then he pulled the bird in after him... this was with a round cat flap!! Quite impressive...

It very quickly became less so when we realised the bird was still alive - it might have been funny to watch our reaction at this - but the mess and havoc for the following minute was not funny at all - quite grim...

Simple answer, get a dog. The only thing they leave around the house is a big lump of excrement when they get older from time to time, might smell a bit when you get up in the morning but it doesn't run under kitchen units.

I have a dog!!!! He should be a ratter but he's less than useless!!!

I have a hamster and when I put it in its ball the dog hides in his bed or he runs away with his tail between his legs. Even the cat steers clear of it :rolleyes:

This was all less of a problem when my other cat was alive - the one I have now would lose them - and the cat that is now dead would catch and kill them leaving only the tail and part of the insides behind (liver, kidneys, bowels?). He didn't always do this straight away and as such I have become a good mouser myself - its just hassle to a human though and not a lot of fun - it doesn't activate my killer instinct at all :lol:

Edited by darkshine

right you need the cat to eat the mouse, then you need the dog to eat the cat, then your stuck with a dog so you need a horse to eat the dog, then get an elephant to eat the horse, then a dinosaur to eat the elephant, the a meteroite to kill the dinosaur, or just take your cat to the nearest adoption centre and lumber another family with the cat.

My dog gets bullied by the cat and the cat won't eat the mouse - so your plan falls short straight away!! :lol:

As for getting rid - well... no matter how angry it makes me I couldn't do that - he was one of 2 rescue cats that got dumped on me years ago with his brother - back then I had 5 - the other 4 have either died of health complications or have disappeared - so he's the only one left now. He's about 10 years old - that's a long time to have him around... and to be honest the rest of the time he's kinda ok - doesn't attack or even go near the rodents we actually have in the house as pets - he doesn't touch the fishtanks - and he doesn't touch the bird we have either - he doesn't jump up things - or scratch anything he shouldn't - he never makes a mess - its just this bleeding mouse/food issue that bugs the hell out of me!

These mice he catches are not presents he only does it when he's scoffed his tea in one go and then gets angry that there's no biscuits down - I can't add more biscuits cuz he gets fat - so a wonderful catch 22 scenario emerges - I can't add the food in smaller increments as he just eats what is there and goes back to mouse catching behaviour while he waits for the next serving - if I add the next serving straight away he just does the same thing - so stupid...

Darkshine put the cat on the forum I want to hear his point of view, getting way to biased against him in my opinion, he has a right to a defence there must be mitigating circumstances!

We had one of the cats come in cat flap with magpie in his mouth my hubby managed to rescue it he was a bit stunned .....talked to him put him in garden then he eventually flew away.......

Darkshine put the cat on the forum I want to hear his point of view, getting way to biased against him in my opinion, he has a right to a defence there must be mitigating circumstances!

The cat has proved me to be a terrible liar and an awful judge of character - he caught - and ate the mouse earlier today - he is now super proud of himself...

Once I felt the mouse was digested enough :rolleyes: I gave him some catnip thingy's he likes and he purred so much he made himself have a sneezing fit.

So the episode comes to an uneventful yet cheery end :party:

Until next time!!!! :ph34r:

Thanks Mumble, now it all becomes clear.

Today's gift from the kitten was..................a bread roll.

At least I didn't have to chase this gift around, catch it and liberate it.

So our cats not only catch the birds, they are now in training to steal the food from under their beaks.

Edited by caci