RYOUNG78

Types of Friendship

This may sound a strange question but what is the difference between a close friendship and a best friend? Can you define what a best friend is?

I am speaking from an AS perspective in that I only really have one concept of what a friend is and that ideas of close friend, best friend are really socially devisive concepts to sort out pecking orders and hurt people if need be. Thats how I have seen hese things opperate with other people.

I only ever have one or two friends at most and for me friendship is about sharing experiences and supporting each other through them. Because I am a bit of a natural loner when I have friends I want to test them to see if there is any substance in them and so my best friendships have been built around adventure sports where at times they have litteraly held my life in their hands. I realise my expectations are very high but I have the same expectations on myself in the relationship.

In contrast the idea you can have 300 friends on face book seems complete and utter madness in contrast.

just a few thoughts.

I would say that a best friend is simply your closest friendship. Little girls like to define their best friend, second best friend, third best friend, etc, but it's not really necessary to do this. People normally have a small group of good friends, they don't always have one specific best friend.

Friendships - You are the "Boss".

Your best friend is your "Consigliere".

Your close friends are your "Capos".

The others are "Soldiers"

and the Facebook friends who occasionally like your statuses, they are the "Associates".

Don't trust any of them!!! :P

Edited by Nickay12

Being a loner and not having any friends means I can't really say from experience. However, my thoughts are that close friends should be your best friends who share, accept you for what you are and be there for you in a crisis. Any friend who isn't "close" should not qualify as a "best" friend.

Have I got this right?

robert7111a

Friendships - You are the "Boss".

Your best friend is your "Consigliere".

Your close friends are your "Capos".

The others are "Soldiers"

and the Facebook friends who occasionally like your statuses, they are the "Associates".

Don't trust any of them!!! :P

As much as I dislike facebook I would totally click "like" on this Mafia version of friendship :lol:

close friend= buddy, chum, acutance. i.e somebody you would hit the town with, or hang out with.

best friend= someone that will have your back till you die. i.e closet thing you will have to family without them being family.

A-S warrior= a man that walks alone. a man that doesnt need such complications in life. much like most of you.

You will see that everyone has their own interpretation. I think the most important sort of friend to have is a "True" friend.

As I have said before most of us will be luck to have a hand full of these in a life time.

I had a 'best friend' when I started school. About a year after I knew her, she became someone else's 'best friend'. I remember what it was like having a 'best friend'. Have never had a friend who I would really describe like this since. Have had friends, quite a number, but not friends where I felt I could just be myself. Haven't really made a good friend in the Aspie World.

As much as I dislike facebook I would totally click "like" on this Mafia version of friendship :lol:

Yeah Facebook sucks.. Just make sure you check your car before you turn the ignition.. (and my psych says I'm paranoid) :D

i define best friend and close friend as the same. usually means u can be there for one another , you would talk to them about anything that u wouldnt talk to others about such as what your going through in life, but also to be there and cheer up and to do things together

a best friend and a close friend can be the same thing or a close friend can mean something else like to have have sex with someone with out no hang ups or just to have a sexual hug.

do you mean in a relationship, you mean in love with them because friendship that turn into relationships like that isnt just for sex