Sign in to follow this  
Lisajb

cinema cards - free tickets!

Looking at the NAS homepage recently, found a little snippet that might be of interest.

You can apply (it costs a fiver) for a card that, if you or your child are in receipt of DLA (there are some different qualifications also) enables the accompanying person to have a free cinema ticket. Looks like its valid at most national cinemas (Warner Village etc) and some smaller independent ones.

You have to send a couple of passport sized photos and proof of the benefit you are in receipt of, or the disability (copies will do)

Think I might get one for Chris as going to the pictures is something he quite enjoys.

Anyway, just thought this might be of interest

Lisa :)

UGC also do a free pass if you have one locally, you pay for the disabled person and the carer goes free. C loves going, she gets her bag of pic n mix (which I can afford because I didn't have to pay for myself lol!) and she sits munching sweets and watching the film. I think she enjoys it because it is dark so there is only one thing to focus on, fortunately we don't have hyper sensitivity issues with the noise.

I think the card you get there is valid at any other participating cinema, just been on the phone to them, nice people on the helpline, thanks for posting about this I'm applying :thumbs:

thanks for that lisa my son used to hate the cinema but i think he quite likes it now, he went to see star ars twice recently lol B)