Sign in to follow this  
RebeccaB

IPAD

Hello,

We just received the best news, we will be receiving an IPAD for my son with moderate autism. Can anyone recommend what specifications or good applications I may need? Thank you.

not sure about apps but make sure you get a good case to put it in - they are very slim and seem quite delicate - i have the otterbox - the griffin is also very good as well although seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment unless you like pink. mine has been dropped a few time and the case has protected it really really well

Really depends on what you hope to use the Ipad for, what you hope to get out of it.

At work one of our residents uses theirs to look at hundreds of family photos and to talk to their family on skype, there's others things on there but never used. Another who's family are about to get them one plans to use it for going on the Internet, so far that's about all they seem interested in, its having the Ipad more than using it for them. (It will be a test of the durability of Ipads with this person)

You will most probably need a cases for it. (If it is being supplied it may come with one) and don't forget to keep it charged.

Edited by chris54

I second getting an Otterbox Defender cover. We have one for my sons iPad and it's been dropped down stairs, on the drive, etc etc. Applications depend on what your child likes. There are lots of scheduling apps. My son likes talking stories, he also likes anything by Duck Duck Moose - their apps are fab. He likes looking at photos of his family so we've loaded lots on, also his favourite movies like Ice Age and The Muppets. He also loves looking at YouTube vidoes of trains.

Lynne