Mumble

Shall I say anything?

Well today's my birthday :bday: and my Mum, who I'm living with at the moment, has forgotten. :tearful: I've been telling myself all day that she's planned some wonderful secret surprise (even though I know she wouldn't), but it's clear she has just forgotten.

Do I say anything, or do I just enjoy my wine :wine: and go and buy myself a cake tomorrow? :eat1:

I say something like. "You know Iv just realised it my birthday today" That way she wont feel so bad about forgetting herself.

Don't know how old your mum is but mine is long past remembering things like birthdays, Its all she can do to remember to get out of bed in the mornings.

Happy Birthday!! I hope you've had a lovely day regardless. I'd definitely say something - I wouldn't be able not to!

Lynne x

:bday:

I'm sorry your mum forgot :tearful:

Personally, I don't think I could not say anything. Make sure your cake says "Happy Birthday" on and that she sees it.

Happy Birthday :bday:

Should you say something to your mum? I think I probably would, because otherwise it would be festering inside.

If she is old/frail as Chris says, then okay. And I know that I have forgotton family members birthdays. But I don't think she is from other posts you have mentioned about her. And i'm sure you are not feeling good about her forgetting. Waiting all day for the 'surprise' that never came. I'm sure it makes you feel like you don't rate very high on her priorities. So, I think you should say something. That may result in bad feeling between you two, or even an argument.

But sometimes things have to be said. So also sending you >:D<<'>

If I didn't have someone to remind me I would forget all birthdays, even forgot my own a few times, but then I don't celebrate birthdays so I have an excuse. (Well I do a bit but only because I'm told I have to)

Edited by chris54

Happy Birthday :party:

My husband forgot my 50th birthday. He only realised when cards arrived in the post the next day (my birthday was on a Sunday that year)

His reaction, " oh sorry, but you could have reminded me" (hmm, maybe another one on the specrum ?)

Happy Birthday for yesterday Mumble :party:

:photo::bday::band::balloon::pepsi::groupwave:

PS - I'd have told her cuz if she remembered a week later she'd feel more guilty cuz more time had passed x

Thanks everyone. :) She's not old/frail, she's just totally self-interested and really not bothered by anyone else at all. She was writing her shopping list yesterday, so I took it off her and added, in big letters, BIRTHDAY CAKE. Her response? "Why?" Well because it was my birthday and it's usual to wish someone a happy birthday and get them a cake. :rolleyes: To which she replied "well I knew that but I wasn't interested". Well at least she was honest...

Still I got myself cake and ice-cream. :eat: They go well together. Much better than sausages and ice-cream. :sick::lol:

That's a little harsh - it might have been better if she forgot! :rolleyes: Still... I'm not one to talk, I've forgotten 3 birthdays this year already and had to send belated apologies :oops:

Anyway, much more importantly - what kind cake did you get? And what flavour ice-cream? ;)

My favourite cake with ice-cream (vanilla flavour) is chocolate fudge cake with melty chocolate :devil:

Hi Mumble

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you got your cake (with Happy Birthday on like Tally said :ph34r: ). Mine was on the 10th.

I have 2 sisters and 6 nieces and nephews and my mum (who is 90 this year). The only one who ever remembers is my mum! One of my sisters reckons my mum's been senile for years, but clearly not! Even my husband's aunt who's in her 80s remembers. I don't even get a text from the rest of my family :tearful: I'm 50 next year and it's still upsetting. However I have 2 really good friends who remembered and even got me a little gift - friends are the family we choose for ourselves :D