Sign in to follow this  
bonbons

Another DLA question or two!

My initial application for DLA for my daughter was successful and we now have to reapply. When she turned 16, it started to come out in her name so does that mean that she will now need to fill out the form and make the application herself? ( she will never manage!!!) Also , the first time around we had lots of supporting evidence from school, medical etc, including her diagnosis. Will this documentation still stand and taken into consideration or do I now need new documentation to support her application?

Thank you all :)

Dependent on who much your daughter understands, If it is just help she need, then there is nothing to stop you help her fill in the form.

If she has no understanding and someone has to fill it in for her that someone could be you.

There is nothing to say that she has to physical fill in the form, as long as you put down what she wants and then she signs it. My wife will often get me to help compose what she wants to say, when filling in forms.

Any evidence would need to be up to date.

There are some big changes in the pipeline for DLA.

Edited by chris54