Haze

EXCLUSION NUMBER 4 ARGGGG

Hi i have been away for while

my youngest yet again last friday was excluded for the fourth time since october 2011 he his in reception and the school are crafty they say hes sick to avoid ofsted but hes not when we collect him hes in the office eating. His consulatnt on his last appointment a few weeks ago agreeded to help and sort out what is going on she said adhd but thinks he has autisim and aspergers so yet agian were waiting while we mop up the mess school are cluless and refuse to start a referral and just boot him out . I am so mad and sick of it the education will blame us not the school so the next time hes excluded were refusing to send him back or better still collect him.

hazexx

It might be worth speaking with www.ace-ed.org.uk as they have alot of advice around SEN and exclusions.

You don't want to do something and shoot yourself in the foot.

Better to find out what school should be doing and make sure they do it.

Make sure you get everything in writing and keep a daily diary of events.

If you haven't started doing so already - make sure you keep a log of all such incidents - what the school say to you and why. If they say he is sick take him straight to the GP.

From our experience Yr R is a very difficult time - most people would say that it is too early to give a formal diagnosis of ASD (and I think I would agree) but it is when you first start seeing problems

As a word of warning - be careful about alienating/antagonising the school more than you need to. For better or worse they are going to be your partners in this for the next 6 years or so. It is better to have them on your side as much as possible - getting too stroppy too soon might be counter-productive. You will have plenty of issues to address over the years - always best to choose the ones you make a fuss over.

If you are not happy they are taking it seriously - it just takes a simple letter to the LA to request a formal assessment of SEN - you unlikely to get the assessment but it should require the school to make a formal statement of the issues and how they are handling them.