Sign in to follow this  
narnie

asd cards

Recently a discussion started at the school gates regarding asd cards, someone suggested tshirts & caps with slogans would be much easier in times of crisis, what do you guys think?

I am a 46 year old who sometimes carries a card when I go out into social scenarios such as a night out in a busy town environment. The reason I do this is because I can at times get pretty severe panic attacks and know my behaviour can be interperated by people such as door staff as being pissed and taking the mickey out of them, when in fact it could be triggered by air conditioning, flashing lights, strong smell of urine etc.. In such times I have trouble breathing let alone speaking coherently and so hope that by getting and thrusting a card into the hands of an individual I might get treated appropriatly and not roughed up a bit which does little to help and has been my experience.

Yes I think they are a good idea in the right circumstances.

I think the cards are a good idea, not sure about T-shirts etc. People have all sorts of things on T-shirts and I never takes a lot of notice. They could draw same unwelcome attention. What would you say on it? If it was a slogan, how would that let others know its about the person wearing the T-shirt and not just a campaign message.