Sign in to follow this  
kazzdt

Urine Analysis Results?

I have decided to get a urine analysis done for Sam at Sunderland Uni, but before I part with my 60 quid I just wondered if anyone who's had this test has had a result of NO intolerance to gluten/casein. I was just interested to see what the ratio is.

Kazz

Forgive me, for this is going to come across a little blunt.

It doesn't really matter what the ratio is IMHO, because what you need to know is if it's a problem for your child. So unless you send the test you'll never know.

I also recommend that you phone the ARU if you get inconclusive results, because they can only send out positive results that are within a Standard Deviation (i.e. 95% certain of being right - it's a long time since I studied statistics, think that's right). Put it this way, they can tell you more over the phone.

Hope this doesn't offend.

Jaded, absolutely not offended, grateful for any replies, maybe I worded it wrong.

What I am trying to establish is whether they can tell if there is no intolerance or whether it would just be reported as inconclusive.

Does this make sense, I'm having trouble explaining what I mean here?

I'm not very clued up on this, though I've read and re-read the literature several times!

Kazz

Hi Kazz -

There was a very similar thread running a few weeks ago... Not a lot in it, but easier to do this

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...t=0entry25332

Than summarise it again!

Hope it's helpful

BD

PS: That 60 quid - If your GP is open minded about dietary intervention he/she can refer you to Sunderland so you don't have to pay. Even more important than the �60 quid, I tend to think that the GP's more likely to be helpful with other aspects of dietary intervention (i.e. scrips, additional referals) if they feel they've been involved from the start. Those professionals can be very 'precious' about that type of thing! ;)

Yes they can say it's normal if there isn't a problem. The last time I spoke to them the result was showing inconclusive on casein because the person's diet contained very little dairy.

Edited by call me jaded