darkshine

Theme music

Does anyone else just love the Tour De France program theme music? They play this little section when they put the titles up for adverts and stuff - I think it's cool....

And for those who never watch it - maybe there's other theme music or little bits of music on your favourite movies or programmes?

My 3 favourites are without a doubt

1. Dr Who

2. Formula 1

3. Test Cricket (oddly enough mentioned the other day... called Soul Limbo)

Speaking of music, has everyone heard the Muse track for the Olympics, I personally cannot stand it, they've completely sold out, it's flashy, egotistical, and sits right in the middle ground of hell - it's called Survival - if you watch it with the advert it doesn't seem so bad, and when they steal sections from it for showing clips, it probably won't be so bad either (the lyrics could work well for example like they did last Olympics with that KT Tunstall song for certain clips). But as a stand alone track I absolutely hate it...

My favourite theme music sketch is from the Royal Family (the comedy show not the actual royal family) and they all sat there and sang to the Emmerdale theme music like they loved the show and then switched channel when the program started - it made me laugh cuz there's a few things I can think of where the theme music is the best thing.

Edited by darkshine

I quite like the golf one - I used to like the tune for A Question of Sport too...

So we're the only 2 people who like (or hate) a theme tune - wow - I'm simply overwhelmed :lol::D;)

it gets really cereal in here sometimes ,some pepole just want to talk about dla or moan about there gp,s.

so for a theme i hate, i hate the hollyoaks theme. its just welll..... ######

We do Soul Limbo in the band (the cricket theme)

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain on the F1 is an absolute brilliant song!

We do Soul Limbo in the band (the cricket theme)

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain on the F1 is an absolute brilliant song!

Thanks for the details for the F1 song (I was lazy and didn't look it up) :lol: I've always liked it, even with the modernisations it's still a great song!

AS Warrior, I'm with you on Hollyoaks - and love the link for Question of Sport (although the version I will post in a minute was what I grew up with) but you lost me with the Power Rangers mate ;)

'sleeping with the Enemy' had Brown- eyed Girl on it, and I'm a big Van fan, and 'Benny and Joon' had I Would Walk 500 Miles. Two films and two bits of music which had me entranced as a kid.

I really like both those songs :thumbs: in fact gonna have to set up my pc to get some music on and will pick that playlist cuz I really wanna hear them now :lol:

:lol: I can't ever do a Scottish accent :lol:

But, I struggle to say "th" in words like 'thread' 'think' 'there' and 'three' when I speak, cuz what I say is: fred, fink, vere and free :rolleyes: it causes confusion at times - especially when I talk about The Netherlands (which is a place that appeals) and everyone thinks I'm saying neverland and starts asking me about Peter Pan!!!

For some strange reason I often manage to say it right when I sing - unfortunately I cannot sing very well so it doesn't really help that much... My worst nightmare is meeting people called names like: Matthew, Ruth, Katherine cuz the way I say those names sounds awful!! Especially roof :lol:

I had to do an essay on Peter Pan earlier this year. I think fjords are infinitely preferable. :D (I'm back on the big computer, doing an essay).

:lol:

The book (Peter Pan) is different to the film (the Disney version) in a few ways isn't it?

I should be revising, or making a revision plan at least but I'm too tired to think about social psychology right now - although part of my mind is considering what I want to do and how to do it - I just can't focus on lines and lines of text at this moment ;)

To put it mildly!! And unfortunately that is only one of 4 approaches in the book, I just dislike that approach the most (the others are cognitive, phenomenological and social psychoanalytic) can't say I'm keen on the last one either!! Ah well... I often say I like a challenge, although it's starting to make me freak about the exam in October again!

Love the theme tune to New Girl - you can adapt it for your own name :)

Haven't heard that - is it on e4? I'm sure I saw that advert for it when I was watching Big Bang Theory - I'll look it up have a listen later :)

id rather listen to 5 hours of the clarissa theme than 12 seconds of dr who.

dr who?

exactly hes nothing!

I stopped watching it when David Tennant quit... the theme tune is still good though

Re: the Doc Who. You'd be so impressed with the running commentary Jav gave me.

Did it blow your mind :lol:

i think we have another whats everybody listening too? type topic.

neighboors 1992 theme

I am never listening to that one - but are you putting it up cuz it's good or bad?

And I guess it is a bit like "what's everyone listening to" except that isn't for theme tunes - but I guess if certain songs are from movies then there's some crossover - but I don't mind about that cuz it's only for a laugh ;)

Matzoball and Mannify - Just want to let you know that I'm not ignoring whatever you have posted - I am having issues with video at the moment - am waiting to see if this is a forum problem or something with my netbook... except nobody has answered yet as I didn't really post the question that long ago :lol:

Is anyone else reading this post having this problem?

If it's still ongoing later I'll boot up my pc and check to see if it works on there and then dig deeper on my netbook (if it is my netbook that is the problem) I've already done the most obvious checks :rolleyes:

I'll be there for you - Friends opening theme.

Also Postman Pat, that was an ace song !

Was there two? I'm thinking of the one 'postman pat, postman pat, post man pat and his black and white cat' or is the special delivery one?!!!

Got it stuck in my blumming head now!

Was there two? I'm thinking of the one 'postman pat, postman pat, post man pat and his black and white cat' or is the special delivery one?!!!

Got it stuck in my blumming head now!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have video play ability back :dance::D

I really liked the chale chalo song

And since Postman pat has been mentioned I just have to put this up

The latest Thomas theme is not a patch on it.

Chale chalo is from a film called Lagaan which, if you have four hours of your life to commit to it and you don't mind subtitles, is very uplifting. My favorite bit of Chale Chalo is a 5:23, where the main guy puts his arm around the lovely 'untouchable' guy, and then immediately afterwards another guy follows suit.

Edited by Mannify

Yeah I heard the new version when I was looking for the one I posted - it's like what's all this "we're 2 we're 4 we're 6 we're 8" cr4p? where's the odd numbers? Big thumbs down from me for the new one.

I think 4 hours is 2 hours beyond my limit - but I like the music - if I ever see the film on tv and I have insomnia I might give it a go (I've done it in the past although I couldn't tell you any of the titles, they are usually on channel 4 in the dead of the night) not sure why, there's some good story lines.

The French subtitled films can be interesting :lol: