Lyndalou

50 Shades of Guff (aherm, Grey)

i seen someone buy the whole - eww i not every gonna buy them and i saw a photo of facebook asda selling a seperate selection for that, and i said i am going to tip that over and make it fall on the floor LMAO. the book driving me crazy

I have borrowed 'Fifty shades of Grey' from someone.

I haven't gotten very far in it, as it is quite boring.

However, there are some hilarious spoofs available on Amazon kindle, and some are free. ;-)

To be honest, so is Lady Chatterley's Lover. I just found the whole portrayal what was supposed to be the greatest love affair of all unconvincing. Plus there seemed to my Aspie-pedant mind several loose ends. Why did Connie marry Clifford in the first place when there seems to be so little affection between them - was there any before his war injury? How did Connie manage to avoid getting pregnant by her previous lovers? Why does Oliver Mellors's daughter make an appearance in chapter 6 but is never referred to afterwards in his conversations with Lady C about their future together?

Maybe that book needs a whole group of people to debate it Aeolienne - it certainly sounds like that is the case ;)

A whole courtroom of people have discussed Lady Chatterley's Lover, but that was over 50 years ago. ;)

Maybe it should be reviewed again ;)

What, with a view to charging Penguin Books with obscenity all over again?

Yeah cuz penguin books are real bad guys :lol:

Not really, I was just joking - I think judging from some of the reactions to the book this topic was originally about, shows that there's plenty of other cases where there's potential for offence.

I would think people could have a field day with Brett Eastern Ellis' American Psycho for example...

While I haven't read this book yet I get the impression it is the portrayal of primary human needs for emotional bonding and intimacy which everyone has. We all want to be loved and feel included and when these needs are not met (maybe because we ourselves have difficulty connecting with others on such levels) it can affect our overall development too.

More than ever I have difficulties relating with others (unless they're already related) in my day-to-day life and this has meant I have remained largely single and on my own. To this day I worry I will never find love.

Edited by Mike_GX101

It's actually twilight fan fiction - no joke!

You're right there, originally the author wrote it as a fanfiction between bella and edward but they banned it from the site because it was too inappropriate, so she turned it into a novel with new characters. And what a mistake it was to turn it into a novel :blink:

I agree, Lindylou - it's a pile of pap. I've not read it, but I've read about it and dipped into a few random pages (I work in a charity shop and we're sick of seeing this book). It popularity speaks volumes about the mentality of modern English-speaking women. *sigh* :wallbash:

Omigod I had to read this for my english lit course. The whole time, I was just thinking "WHY". It's so badly written, so many errors. I mean, how did it get past the editors? The syntax in some of the sentences and paragraphs. Educated women have read this and enjoyed it! I cannot believe it!

You had to read it for your course Flooby? So has it become an English Literature set book? Unbelievable! :o
No wonder most of us in this country haven't a clue about how to write properly. :(

Is that in itself any more creepy than films about domestic violence? E.g. Nil By Mouth and Gone with the Wind.