Special_talent123

Nice to know sister taking the mick out of my learning disabilty

My sister is not being nice to me, I thought she wanted to change the way she treating me by adding me to facebook. But now alls im getting is u need to reorganise your words and use punctuation. nice to know she is taking the mick out of me because of my learning disability, but she has a boyfriend who has aspergers?

Is she being nasty about it or is she saying it like instructions?

Cuz if it's instructions she might think you want help or she might have a perfectionist streak.

I would simply say to her that you are aware of how you write and don't need tips on it cuz you manage to get your points across quite well :)

Is she really taking the mick or is that just how you're perceiving it?

Take her away for a chat, maybe have a coffee with her and discuss it.

There might be a whole raft of reasons and meanwhile you could tell her how upset you are over her advice.

You might both surprise one another.

Get her to join in the discussion here/or at least show her a link to the page. We'll soon get her supportive!

Edited by Mike_GX101

she wouldnt even do that, because she is not very accepting and she will troll this forum and then it be her harassing me through the forum so im not going to let her cause drama on here - i want to keep this forum safe

what do you mean mike? I said to my mum if she really wanted me back that she would have to change and that goes with my sister , i do not give my mobile number to them because i am still not trustworthy.

You can't change other people,you can only change the way you react to them. You sister sounds like she just doesn't want to accept things the way they are. Of course people with disabilities can be friends!!!!! Your sister is 20 so she still has a lot to learn about life.

Ignore anything nasty that your sister anyone says to you,use you energy to love people instead of being angry because being angry wont change anything,but loving someone can help them to change.

Special

You sound like a very nice person to be around, with a drive and determination to make things better for people with disabilities. If your family can't see that, that is a real shame. Your sister at 20 really should know better but if you are saying that your mum can be a bit like that too then maybe your mum's attitudes have rubbed off on your sister. In time, your sister might form her own opinions and realise just how mean and nasty she is being to you.

Try to keep yourself around people who appreciate you and support you.

Lynda :)