lizzy-wilson

... Difficult week ahead this week...

This week is going to be tough...this time last year my brother-in-law's mother died. I was quite close to her as she took me and her grandson out through the summer holidays. It effected me more than I thought. It happened very suddenly...we found out she had cancer on the Monday and she died on the Thursday.

She hadn't told anyone she was ill, her family found out from the doctor on the Monday.

I don't know why it effected me as much as it did as I wasn't proper family. She died 6 weeks before my sisters wedding..my brother-in-law's dad said it was the worst day of his life to be at his son's wedding and his wife wasn't there by his side....

..I'm going to have to stop writing now as I've got tears in my eyes..

Sorry..bit of a depressing thing to write about..but it's kinda helped...

i too am going through a rough time, not the same problem as you but still pretty tough. this time 2 years ago i was falling in love with a girl that loved me and made me feel handsome and special, and in febuary this year we had to break up becaue her family are traditional indians and wouldnt approve. we were togther 2 years and did everything togeher, and the summer of 2010 was when we where really falling for each other, worsed thing is i rember all the dates and times of when we did things and im dreading some of the dates that are comming up because i know im going to be dwelling on it, anyway ive been beating that dead horse alot in the last few months so im going to just leave it there, all i can say is i can kind of relate. oh and my nan died in april but because everybody lost her grieving was much easier as she wasnt personal to me. anyway ive talked enough, but i saw this as a good place to share my pain too, but this is your topic so i,ll go now before i hyjack it lol.

Edited by A-S warrior

I don't know why it effected me as much as it did as I wasn't proper family.

Maybe it was a simple as the fact that you really liked her - and the suddenness of her dying would have been a hard thing to deal with for everyone.

Go easy on yourself, times like this are hard, but try and remember the good times, even if they were cut short it sounds like you have some things to smile about when you remember her - you don't have to justify it :)