Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

Just got an email back from Legoland

I was asking about the free entry for carers, the email I received made me laugh

'Dear Guest

Thank you for your email. We do offer a free care ticket to carers of guests with autism. Please ensure that you bring with you documentation detailing that your child is registered as having autism.

Please visit Guest Services once inside the park as you may be able to be offered exit passes that will reduce the wait times for you.

Many Thanks '

My son does not have any 'documentation' of being 'registered' with Autism, I didn't even know children were registered as having autism, my son was diagnosed, verbally, no certificate or whatever else she was expecting him to have :hypno:

I have replied to the young lady who responded. Awaiting reply.

Guest flutter

my friend has an as son and she has a piece of paper saying the diag on it, and uses it for disabled guest facitiltes in places such as legoland and chessington

can u get a wee piece of paper with diag on it, must haveit somewhere, how bout gp?

Well Legoland responded, they said taking the DLA letter will be fine, might see about getting written diagnosis as I have to get letter from GP/Consultant to say he is safe to go horse riding anyway, seems like a pain in the backside but I suppose there are too many dishonest people who would push their luck :shame:

I can see their point, there must be times that people try to falsely claim concessions, as wrong as that is. But I've never heard of an 'ASD certification document' or anything like that, do they have to do exams to qualify? :blink: It probably would be useful to have something like that to confirm diagnosis though, as well all know people frequently take the attitude 'well he LOOKS normal' :unsure:

Hi

Just to say we went to legoland last week with H who is 6 as and his 3 yr old brother. I did not think to take anything or arrange in advance, legoland is great H was not! He would not wait in the queues, did not want to go on any rides - too unpredictable and once he had got a toy (star wars ) in the shop just wanted to go home!. Eventually he sat inside a giant peice of duplo whilst i took the 3 yr old quickly around the attractions. By the way if its hot take swimming costumes for children there is an area where they can run around with fountains etc, we hadn't and i had to buy them in the shop, it was the only thing he enjoyed !

Next time i would arrange something in advance.

Hope you have a great time!

She did say they can get a stamp to access the things and not queue which would be an issue for my son, but I don't know if I would feel awful for the other children, I know no children like waiting.

Thanks for the tips B) I'm hoping to take them this year, just depends on my partners shifts

Hi,

Both my girls are on the spectrum but I only get DLA for the younger one - the form puts me off applying for the elder, but I have pangs about not applying, I really should do so....

Anyway. I couldn't find the DLA letter so i went to our gp and asked for a short note stating that both children were on the spectrum and had difficulty coping with things like queuing.

Legoland accepted it with no problems.

Remember your blue card as you can then get to the disabled parking- much closer to the entrance.

We allowed two days for going round the park as there was so much to see.

The getting wet bit was working when we were there - but the dry you off bit wasn't! It was October and being wet wasn't as pleasant as it might have been in summer time.

Food inside is expensive but there were lots of picnic areas if you bring your own.

I stopped feeling guilty about the entrance passes to avoid the queues very quickly when my younger daughter looked so happy moving round everything at her speed, not that of everyone around her.

Hope that helps

Nautim

Thanks for the advice, we don't have a disabled parking badge as my son only gets the lower rate motability but will keep everything else in mind.

We went to Legoland and didn't think to ask about special ride access. However when we did try and ask a member of staff at the Dragon Rollercoaster (son is a complete thrillseeker :devil: ) they didn't have a clue what I was talking about :wallbash: So in the end I just took ourselves up the exit stairs and spoke to the person seeing the people on the ride and they let us on B)

We went to Disney in Florida this year and my Consultant from the Child Development Centre actually offered to write my son a letter outlining his Aspergers so that he could obtain a special pass, apparently she does it for a lot of the children she sees. It worked really well and I would recommend it to anyone going.

All of the Tussards Group give coloured wristbands for guests on provision of a letter like this or your DLA book.

Edited by invent 10 things b4 breakfast

We asked at a National Trust place about this - apparently you don't need documentation to gain free entry as a carer of an ASD child

L

xxx

Has anyone tried to get the dsiabled pass at Disneyland in Paris ?

We are off there next week, and although I know DS will love it, he hates the queues. He has ADHD and undx aspergers

I did ask our school CAHMS contact for a letter, but when she checked with her supervisor she was told this was not allowed.

Would they accept a DLA letter in France ?

Thanks.

i dont think anyone has a certficate what do they think our kids are, dogs or something lol B)

Has anyone tried to get the dsiabled pass at Disneyland in Paris ?

We are off there next week, and although I know DS will love it, he hates the queues. He has ADHD and undx aspergers

I did ask our school CAHMS contact for a letter, but when she checked with her supervisor she was told this was not allowed.

Would they accept a DLA letter in France ?

Thanks.

Lindyloo,I think they stopped the special assistance pass in disneyland (Paris).

Thanks for the info re Legoland. Parents had booked to go for 2 days as birthday treat for son who has adhd and aspergers. I remembered just as dropping them off. Quick call to hubbie who checked this post. I had a file of sons papers in car and pulled out letter which had with dx. Produced it - got a carers pass and all family stamped hands and son so that could all go on rides with him. It was great. I went as well - hey it was free for me. We went straight on - few minutes wait at most. It made such a difference. We did all the rides. Made waiting even with 4 year old ok. max of 4 including son could go on - its specail needs plus 3 but worth getting all stamped so that can take in turns. When we went to Disney in Feb we could really have done with this. I understand that other parks have similar schemes. Disney years ago - we went with disabled mum in law pre sons dx, she had to go to front and we had to queue - so not really helpful. I saw a family with a girl with downs who seemed quite a handful and suggested that they go and ask for passes. Its a shame that these places dont make it more known. If anyone knows about other parks fast passes please post experiences. Only down side was the stares from queues of people as we went straight on with an apprently "normal "looking son. But it made the day so less stressful. And the staff handled him so well and the guy on the guest services desk was great. Well done legoland.

I know that Flamingoland in North Yorkshire will provide a pass when requested. They also allow both 'disabled' child and parent in at half-price.

I went with my friend, her sister, two boys [one ASD] and my son. We arrived at the front of the 'sky rider' and this woman was making all sorts of loud comments about queue jumpers - when the first carriage arrived all three boys hopped in with me leaving my friend and her sister to wait.

At the far end the next people to arrive were the woman who was commenting - she looked sheepishly at me as I was trying to corrall the three children!

When my friend arrived on the next carriage she explained that the woman had become really bolshy about us going to the front of the queue when she'd been waiting 20 minutes - my friend had said nothing - just offered for her party to go next - then, as they were setting off, she walked up to the woman and said "I'm sorry you were kept waiting. I can understand how you feel. I have a child with a disability who would not be able to go on any rides if he had to queue. I would much prefer to have to queue with a 'normal' child but I have no choice with the situation. You do."

:shame:

No wonder the woman had looked sheepish.

Didn't see this post until I had e-mailed legoland. Never mind! We are going to try with the DLA letter and also a dx letter. On their website they do say they've changed the fast pass so I don't know if that will disclude (is there such a word?) children with ASD. I agree it does look a bit off letting a "Normal" looking child (sorry don't want to offend) on without queuing. No-one would think twice if child is in a wheelchair, but I think its better for everyone if queuing is to a minimum - including those you would be queuing with. AS meltdown not a pretty sight in small enclosed queuing space :P Can become very frightening for other children as well.

We hope to go again in September so fingers crossed we still get fast pass - definately won't wait for 1-2 hours in a queue!

Hi - I'm off to Legoland on Thursday - I have already emailed them and within an hour I had this response:

"Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent email of enquiry. In answer to your question, your son would pay the full price of �22 however one adult could go in free as a carer on production of some form of documentation.

LEGOLAND Windsor offers an exit pass system, available to guests who have a disability or special need that prevents them from being able to wait in a queue line comfortably and has difficulty in understanding the concept of queuing, for example autism. Please proceed to guest services on arrival at the park with documentation. The documentation required is anything from a doctor, health organisation, educational psychologist, etc. that states the nature of the needs; a blue badge or Disability Living Allowance will not suffice as they do state what the disability is. The child with special needs will receive a red stamp hand stamp and the rest of the party will receive a black hand stamp each. The exit passes can only be used if at least one of the red stamped children is riding. Up to three black stamped people can accompany each red stamped guest through the exit of the rides.

I hope this has answered your query. If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on either guest.services@legoland.co.uk or 01753 626319.

We look forward to seeing you here at the park."

I was quite impressed :thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: