A-S warrior

mental confusion and brain fog on antibiotics

this happens to me everytime, im on them currently for an infected wisdom tooth and as usual i get brain fog and i start getting confused. i cant focus on anything for long and feel quite worn out. i almost get to a point were i forget my name, i just feel far away and disconected, moan over, do any of you get this? i think it could be the couloring beacuse when have certain coulorings i get simular symtoms.

I dread it when my daughter has to have antibiotics, she gets very agitated and manic,think if you ask GP they can give you ones without colour and sweetners, but I think it the antibiotics themselves.Could try a different antibiotic,but we have and think we had same reactions. Hope you feel better soon.

I've had adverse reactions to a number of antibiotics but seemed OK with Clarithromycin until the last occasion when I experienced anxiety, insomnia, confusion, disorintation, hallucinations, loss of contact with reality and feeling of loss of identity. It was the most frightening thing I've ever experienced.

According to my GP, the problem can arise when the drug is produced by companies other than the original makers and mix different compounds with the antibiotic element to form the tablets.

I think confusion is the wrong term for it although fog is closer to it I suppose as if you have cotton-wool-on-the-brain LOL!

I have to think in advance before taking any antibiotics...if I have anything important such as job interviews coming up I don't take them unless it's life threatening that I don't. It's a case of weighing up how serious things will be if I don't take them straight away to how important it is to having a sharp head for dealing with important things being thrown at me from all directions.

from experience, i always tend to nip things in the bud before they esculate. last time i had tonsilitus, i was nearly in hospital on a drip. the virus spread to my uvula and my glands. i was hours away from quinsy, and that could of killed me. and this virus all started from my wonderful girlfriend at the time, who passed the virus on to me during intercourse. so that little virus that ended up being life threatening was a wake up call for me, that, when the doc tells me to take antibiotics i take them. let that be a lesson to you too. :lol:

from experience, i always tend to nip things in the bud before they esculate. last time i had tonsilitus, i was nearly in hospital on a drip. the virus spread to my uvula and my glands. i was hours away from quinsy, and that could of killed me. and this virus all started from my wonderful girlfriend at the time, who passed the virus on to me during intercourse. so that little virus that ended up being life threatening was a wake up call for me, that, when the doc tells me to take antibiotics i take them. let that be a lesson to you too. :lol:

Obviously in that kind of a case it would yes but if it were antibiotics for healing an infection one could live with and the antibiotics caused drowsiness and brain fog perhaps worse than the infection it were treating then I was certainly think twice. I mean, some aren't just anti-biotic, some are anti-human!

Did you get any kind of dizziness/ear blockages when you had your particularly lethal dose of tonsilitis?

Did you get any kind of dizziness/ear blockages when you had your particularly lethal dose of tonsilitis?

This is not normally associated with simple tonsilitis.

amougst other things yes, i also had severe fever, shivers, headache, etc. it all started from a humble sore throat, and thats the point i was getting at.

I become suicidal on antibiotics, it blocks my serotonin even my 5HTP wont work when im on the stuff.

Oil of cloves and a go probiotic should do the trick regarding your teeth,