Mike_GX101

Problems editing messages

Hi,

I'm having difficulties applying any changes to messages I have posted (infuriating!!). I can click the "edit" button but then I cannot click the "save" button in order to apply those changes. This means I cannot make any changes even within the first 4 hours of posting.

Is anyone else experiencing these difficulties?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike_GX101

There is an ongoing problem with this at the moment.

I apply the fix which works but then the problem comes back again which I think is probably due to some kind of caching issue.

I will keep working on this and let you know when the problem is resolved.

Kind regards

Lufty

Ah, I've just replied to the other message lol....

I guess we'll all have to be careful with what we say for a little while - so for me that means double check on spelling and no changing my mind or anything about what I say :P

Dear All

I applied a fix about an hour ago and so far this has fixed the problem.

Fingers crossed we have the solution now.

Many thanks for your patience.

Kind regards

Lufty

Dear All

Well it lasted longer this time before reverting back.

I have tried something else to see if this resolves the issue and will monitor.

Kind regards

Lufty

Dear All

This is getting rather annoying now.

I have tried something else but need to wait to see if it fails again.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards

Lufty

What I've noticed now is that when you press reply it always opens in full editor (whereas it used to put it in quick reply).

And also the multiquote function isn't working.

i sleep with a pink fluffy rabbit.

:lol: sorry - just had to quote that :lol:

:robbie:

And edit has stopped working again as when I said "it" in the brackets - I meant "the text" (which is why I know edit isn't working as I tired to correct that)...

And edit has stopped working again as when I said "it" in the brackets - I meant "the text" (which is why I know edit isn't working as I tired to correct that)...

hello???

Edited by A-S warrior

Dear All

Without wanting to jinx it I think the problem is now resolved.

Many thanks for everyones patience.

Kind regards

Lufty

The problem keeps coming and going Lufty, but when I am on any page other than the main forum - so if I view a message or a topic - and I press my notification button, it takes me directly to the main notification page instead of dropping down the box - and when it does this it refuses to acknowledge that I have viewed the notifications...

Just tried again now and it's working again...

I'll see how it goes for a few days and if it's still an issue I'll get back to you at the weekend (assuming nobody else has this issue in the meantime) :)

Best

Darkshine

PS - could it be a cache problem? I haven't needed to clear mine for a while....

i wana know what lufty looks like, hes got a bit of the banker from deal or no deal presence about him.

Nooooo.... my parents insisted on watching that every time they visited - I wouldn't mind but they make what should be a 20 minute show (at most) into something that is so... much..... longer....... :wallbash:

Nooooo.... my parents insisted on watching that every time they visited - I wouldn't mind but they make what should be a 20 minute show (at most) into something that is so... much..... longer....... :wallbash:

im here today noel beacuse my dog mr fluffykins needs a life changing opperation *crowd sighs* i really need the 250,000 i could do so much with it *A-S warrior says, stfu and get on with the damn show -_-

Yeah that pretty much sums up a massive part of why I find it annoying - it's like stop the chatting and get on with it, open the damn box and move on!!!