Sign in to follow this  
George

Jamie

I?m always reading things and looking at web sites and the most common name seems to be Jamie, my son is a Jamie and I know of a few autistic children in my area and they are all called Jamie too!

Anyone else got a Jamie?

:)

Sorry I do not know any other boys with ASD called Jamie.

I have a Matthew and know of another 5 boys named Matthew all with ASD. But I know 7 boys named Alex with ASD and 3 named Tristan.

Carole

I think it just depends what was the most popular name at the time, I don't know any called Jaime, but I do know a James on the spectrum but Matthew seems a regular one in the younger children and Mark and Daniel in the teens.

mines called tom and all of his friends who have problems seem to be called tom too lol. coincidence or not! ;)

This wasn't meant to be a serious question as to whether or not names make a difference - of course they don't! It was just a bit of fun!!!!!

I knwo a couple of Jamies with ASD too, then there are 2 matthews, an Alex and a Ryan! Of course with my dd being in an autism class at school I know a number of kids with other names too lol!

We were out at a car boot sale yesterday, and was we were leaving I was trying to get James back into the car saying repeatedly (as you do) "James, it's time to get into the car now. James, put down the book and get into the car. James, we need to go for lunch now, please get into the car" all ignored because he was engrossed in the tat he'd bought. The woman in the car next to ours popped her head out of the window and said "It must be a James thing - I've got one and he's just the same". I was so tempted to ask how long he'd been diagnosed but resisted. Reminded me of the thread on daftest things people say.

Karen

x

How strange, our son is Matthew james. Whenever we are in the supermarket or somewhere you can usually hear some poor mum yelling "matthew will u come here" (besides me of course) :D . For ages now we've joked its a name thing who knows???

My eldest is James, But heaven forbid i call him that. Its Jamie because James is SOOOOOOO embarresing......Well, he is nearly 13!!! He isn't on the spectrum, thats his little brother Lewis!

I have a Jamie who is not on spectrum (fingers crossed all okay - only 8 months and seems to be doing just fine) but Julian is! Not heard of any other Julian's tho! :lol: