Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

Co-morbidity mental health along with ASD

Does anyone know anything about adult case conferences with the learning disability team regarding a reassessment of diagnosis? I do not understand how these case conferences work- but i think they are looking into C-PTSD along with BiPolar, as i am displaying the signs?

Hi Special

I don't think that they'll be diagnosing you with anything at a Case Conference, simply that all professionals involved in your care will be discussing with each other and with you any updates with regards to your care, including the possibility of you requiring assessment for seperate diagnosis for the conditions you mention.

Do you have a keyworker or a social worker as they should be able to explain the process to you.

You have the right to ask questions throughout the meeting and professionals should respect that you might not understand exactly what is being discussed (sometimes professionals forget this though). You should be able to have someone with you to support you but if you don't think you'll be able to follow what is happening you could see if there is an advocacy organisation close to you who can provide one-to-one support for the meeting.

I think one of the outcomes would be to decide whether or not you should have further assessment.

Lynda :-)

Its regarding about a reassessment of diagnosis, I am not invited to this case conference only my advocate, nurse team leader and psychiatrist is involved in this. Also my advocate has been liasing with voice uk, and me so my views and voices are too

Special

Have you been given a reason as to why you can't attend the meeting or is this your choice? Normally, a person should be able to attend their own Case Conference. I've attended Case Conferences on behalf of people who chose not to attend and I've also attended them with people who had limited capacity or were under section in hospial at the time but either way their views were expressed.

If you have an advocate they should be putting forward your views and relaying back to you all information discussed at the meeting as they are 'technically' you in any meeting. The professionals there should be aware of this. If you are feeling anxious about the meeting, it might be best to talk to your advocate about it.

Lynda :-)

only professionals are involved. the advocate had a meeting with the nurse team and explained my circumstances to him and really listened to what i had to say ..., she spoke on my behalf. I think i am not allowed because I will get too distressed like i did with my nurse, and there is males in the conference and the only problem is i keep getting into vulnerable situations- this is why voice uk requested my advocate to be a female in which she travels about 1 hour from me.

Maybe it's for the best if you don't attend the meeting if you get very upset at them. It sounds like you have a good working relationship with your advocate wich is as it should be. Don't be afraid to ask questions because it's your right to know what's going on when decisions are being made about you.

Good Luck :)

Doesn't necessary mean they'll be diagnosing you with anything at this time just discussing your current symtoms, for bipolar you need at least two depressive episodes plus two hypermanic / manic episodes. They might be looking back and seeing if you've shown the symtoms and if you were present with them talking openly it might upset you.

im reading the book, and the more i read the more i say yes thats me. i also have the scale from bipolar uk and can see what scale i am on. my advocate has my logs of what my mood is doing- daily highs and lows