Sign in to follow this  
bid

Auriel...

Hi :)

Nellie thought I should post this, so here goes...(didn't want anyone to think I was being showy-offy :unsure: ).

Yesterday was Sports Day and the Presentation Ceremony at Auriel's residential special school for AS.

It was a brilliant day, and it was lovely to meet Beverley and her son, who bowled me over with the friendly, confident way he spoke to a strange adult (i.e. me! :lol: ).

And...Auriel was awarded 'Student of the Year' and the award for 'Social Progress'!! :tearful::wub:

We are so proud, especially when we look back to this time last year when he was out of school and we had just started the whole Statementing process.

So many thanks (again!) to the forum, in particular Nellie and Helen :thumbs::bat: , without whom we would never have come this far :tearful:

Bid :)

Bid this is wonderful news B) Well done Auriel and well done you :thumbs:

It's important we share the good news it gives us all hope.

Carole

Wonderful news - well done B) both of you...

And a birthday in the offing too, I hear. Have a good one, A.

Wireless router, eh? Hope everyone's get their passwords updated etc...

L&P

BD

Hi Bid,

Well done Auriel, :thumbs::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:B)

I'm glad you decided to go public Bid, we all need this kind of good news and inspiration to show us what our children are capable of if the environment is right.

Onward and upward, :thumbs::thumbs:

K

It was fantastic news!

I Sat with Bid and all of the other parents at the sports day.

Just couldn't help myself :crying::crying: Every child received an award and they were all so proud.

It was truly a great day!

Hi Bid

Fantastic - I remember when Auriel first started at the school and made cheeky comments on the forum!

One thing has struck me - it is a struggle with our kids - but we take nothing for granted when our kids achieve. We cherish their achievements.

Aren't we lucky to be able to appreciate this. The pride for us is truly palpable!

Ask Auriel to post during the summer - I would love to hear how the last year has been from an aspie perspective.

Love

HelenL

Thank you so much everyone for all your lovely comments :tearful::)

The whole day was just wonderful. None of the youngsters were forced to take part in the Sports Day, but I noticed many who were reluctant at first did join in after all and were true stars!

I was so moved by how supportive the students were of each other. Some of them were really good (Beverley's son was awesome in the cricket ball throwing! :thumbs: ) but they cheered on and encouraged the others who found things a bit more tricky.

It was an example of true inclusion and equality...everyone was accepted and their achievements celebrated.

Bid :)

WELL DONE AURIEL you should be proud of yourself! B)

Bid, you have every right to show off and be proud >:D<<'>

Aw Bid, :tearful: How wonderful! You must be bursting with pride. I love hearing about it when our amazing kids do well!

Auriels school sounds great. HUGE big hugs to you both.

(PS How're you doing just now Bid? iKnow you've been having a tough time of it. Just wanted you to know im thinking of you :wub: )

:thumbs: Love Kirstie.

Hi Bid,

sorry to come so late to this thread (literally, off to to have another nap now !)

Congratulations to your son, it just goes to show how the right setting can bring out what was already there in your child, the capicity to succeed !

Cheers, wac