Jericho

Family Fund grants

So pleased!! :thumbs: Bernie, the lady from the FF came round this afternoon (on the dot!) Hayden, played up true to form, trying to take her shoe off & jumping in & out of a cardboard box, crawling on all fours etc (glad she saw this) she spent an hour & half with us. Told her about everyone envolved with Hayden, his difficulites etc etc, showed her all the relevent papers & she said she'd call me later tonight as she was doing the typing up of our claim, she was on the phone for 2 hours tonight, talking about what help we can get with Hayden & where to go for it, then she said (as i changed a few items on my list) that we could get a washing machine (ours has broken down) & tumble dryer as we have a baby with severe reflux problems & Hayden rolls around on the floor on a daily basis, money for clothing for Hayden, trampoline, money for furniture for Hayden's new room, sensory toys for Hayden & money or vouchers (whatever it is) for a holiday she also said that she would put it through as urgent to the FF :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I am really pleased you got all you asked for but once again i have to ask

WHY DID MY CHILDREN NOT GET THE SAME :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I am so angry in 3 years we have received �380 for a holiday and a laptop and i have 2 disabled children is this yet again ANOTHER postcode lottery????? :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Edited by JoolsKing

I am really pleased you got all you asked for but once again i have to ask

WHY DID MY CHILDREN NOT GET THE SAME :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I am so angry in 3 years we have received �380 for a holiday and a laptop and i have 2 disabled children is this yet again ANOTHER postcode lottery????? :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Hi Jools, this is what the lady from the fund who came out to see us said we could get NOT what the fund itself has actually agreed. We may get absoluetly nothing from the fund, & like you i will be gutted as we have no cooker, no washing machine & no fridge freezer. I was told that you can only get white goods if you are a single mum :unsure: (which i'm not) Lady who came to see us put a list of items down & one of them was a washing machine...if we get any of the items on the list she wrote is another matter....so it may not be another case of a postcode lottery afterall.....

I've seen posts where people have heard back in less than a week, i've heard nothing for 3 wks now & when i phoned them the other day they said that they were really busy & hadn't even looked at the report the lady made about us yet!!!

Maybe it's down to that postcode lottery again :o

Hi Jools, this is what the lady from the fund who came out to see us said we could get NOT what the fund itself has actually agreed. We may get absoluetly nothing from the fund, & like you i will be gutted as we have no cooker, no washing machine & no fridge freezer. I was told that you can only get white goods if you are a single mum :unsure: (which i'm not) Lady who came to see us put a list of items down & one of them was a washing machine...if we get any of the items on the list she wrote is another matter....so it may not be another case of a postcode lottery afterall.....

I've seen posts where people have heard back in less than a week, i've heard nothing for 3 wks now & when i phoned them the other day they said that they were really busy & hadn't even looked at the report the lady made about us yet!!!

Maybe it's down to that postcode lottery again :o

You can only have white goods if you are a single parent??????? That stinks!!!!!!!!!

I am VERY happy for people who get loads of stuff what annoys me is when only some do, all people who are elegible should get the same amount

As I sad before I have 2 kids and they only offered a laptop for my son (11) and nothing for my 5 year old daughter

Well I have had a decision with in the week and..............................................

omg, omg, OMG!

I have been awarded money for holidays, 10 times the amount I would normally spend on one holiday.

Enough money for leisure trips to last me normally 2 or 3 years and the top whack of clothing allowance as my son can't cope with laces and he now wears big size 6!

I can't believe live it, I have been dreaming about treating the children to Disneyland Paris for years......I may well just about have made that happen.

Thank you soooooooooooo much for pinning this thread and making myself and others aware of this! :D

Wow thats brilliant and glad that now it means you get the holiday and lesuire trips and shoes and clothes, have you booked anything yet,

just pleased that you have been given some support financially that you found this post useful.

JsMum

I was told that you can only get white goods if you are a single mum (which i'm not) Lady who came to see us put a list of items down & one of them was a washing machine.

......................... ..................................

I do not think that this is true, it has no baring on your application if you are a family or a single parent, never mind a single mum, so I think would be totally unexeptable if you where to be turned down just because you are a married couple with children with special needs.

I think that the posts lately are beginning to become a bit uncomfortable in the reading and asumtions are starting to happen, I am a single mum but I wasnt awarded FF because of this, as it wasnt me who it was awarded to, it was my child who has special needs and he was granted special equiptment and finacial help to pay for experiences he otherwise wouldnt experience due to his circumstances, I really would contact FF and request you have a meeting of some kind and go throw what equiptment you can have, this way the FF will help you throw the process with the most benefit to your child and his family.

The reason FF will not fund a cooker, a bed, furniture is because all children and families will need these, it has to be connected to the childs special needs.

I really do hope that you do get support but the posts are starting to become angry at those who have been successfull.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

I wasn't being upset with anyone's success, & i'm sure Jools wasn't either (sorry Jools not meaning to speak for you lol) i think when you read through other peoples posts (speaking hyperthetically here) i think some people myself included have some confusion about how the fund works things out...

The lady who came to see me told me about white goods only being on offer for single parents, maybe it's a new thing, i don't know as i'd never applied to it before.

I wasn't being upset with anyone's success, & i'm sure Jools wasn't either (sorry Jools not meaning to speak for you lol) i think when you read through other peoples posts (speaking hyperthetically here) i think some people myself included have some confusion about how the fund works things out...

The lady who came to see me told me about white goods only being on offer for single parents, maybe it's a new thing, i don't know as i'd never applied to it before.

I am absaloutly certain that this will be an error, they will not favouratise, I know of another fund that white goods are available to those on low income but that is a totally different fund.

I wasnt certainly given any favourable treatment just because of been in circumstances that are beyound my control.

JsMum

Just incase any one new to the forum or has confusions to the application process here is a link for the Family Fund, if you want further information please ring there office for further enquiries.

The webpage has a form you can download onto your computer.

The family fund is for all of the UK, Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Wales.

http://www.familyfund.org.uk/newsite/defau...ection=00010001

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

We have a very small fence (four foot high chicken-wire type stuff) around the garden - it's national trust area all around us, so if M does bolt it will only be into fields. But i've been having a worry about how i can afford the fencing.

Would they be able to help with that?? :unsure:

Smiley, I would ask your Housing Association about this, as they may very well do it for you as it's directly related to your DS's ASD.

Bid :)

JSmum

Wow thats brilliant and glad that now it means you get the holiday and lesuire trips and shoes and clothes, have you booked anything yet,

Well I couldn't quite run to Disney so we have chosen a few days in a holiday camp (I will put up with it for the children's sake) and I have had to add some for flights (my sons other dream so his birthday and some Christmas present) we are going to see Joseph in London

I think that the family fund also works on how much money your family bring into the household. In my case it's the bottom line and we go without a lot, a very lot, of things so I can save up for a �50 holiday a year. My son got money for shoes because his disability means laces are beyond his capabilities at present and I can't afford to pay for non lace up shoes for his size of feet...if they were small I would not get the money. That money is specifically (and noted as so) for my son, the rest is for the family

LOL no probs glad you did as I don't get on here that often as you can see from my mountain lol

I have NO problem with ANYONE receiving ANYTHING

All I said was EVERYONE should receive THE SAME.

Reading the entire thread shows the inconsistency of the the funding, that was my point not who got what

Hope that clears things up :unsure:

From what I have experienced and what I know of the FF, you are means tested, in fact I've just had to fill in another short form to say that I am on benefits again. I was married when we got the washing machine and dryer, but that was some years ago, I'm not aware of changes in that. I think, if you have more than one special needs child, they will award the family as a whole, unless one child has a specific thing that they need.

The inconsistency could be because first claims are given more, subsequent claims are much less than the first one. For instance, the first claim we did, we got a washer, dryer, bedding, clothing, holiday and toys iirc, but since then I have been given much much less than that, probably no more than �500 worth. They do look at what you've had previously too and may not give you money for the same thing in some circumstances.

We have a very small fence (four foot high chicken-wire type stuff) around the garden - it's national trust area all around us, so if M does bolt it will only be into fields. But i've been having a worry about how i can afford the fencing.

Would they be able to help with that?? :unsure:

I don't know if FF can help, but we got a 6ft fence built around our back garden by getting a referral from dds community nurse to Occupational Therapy. I told them my concerns, that the small fences weren't safe and she could easily escape from the garden and they did it.

I think, if you have more than one special needs child, they will award the family as a whole, unless one child has a specific thing that they need.

I was given money for a holiday and trips as a family, just clothes for my son (shoes). I only have one child with special needs

FF lady came around on Monday.

M answered the door to welcome her - took the poor woman 10 minutes to come in, lol!

In her words - 'he's delightful, sweet, and very polite, but clearly quite a handful - i'm certain from meeting M, we will be able to help you'

:lol:

(Mandyque - FF lady did say that fences wern't somthing they used to consider - but now they do!)

I was hoping to have a climbing frame - that was my expectation anyhow.

She's put him down for a climbing frame, sandpit, trampoline, fencing and side gate, new bedroom furniture, clothing and bedding, sensory grant and money for days out.

:o:o:o:clap:

I'm just about to re-apply to FF,last year was my first application for DD,i got �380 for family holiday,�250 garden equipment!!I'm applying for holiday again,only because i'm not sure what else to apply for.

Just got the letter this morning. They have refused the sensory toys and clothing, but have given us �100 gift card for a sewing machine and �450 for days out. It says on the letter that it is awarded to 'family', perhaps this is done now to avoid misunderstandings.

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say, to all that havent filled their Forms in yet - GET GOING !!

It's worth it !

We applied in December 2007 ,had a phone call in March 2008,within a week a lady came round to asess,

within 4 days we recieved a letter, DS awarded :

�500 for costs of a Holiday

? FREE Lap Top or PC with printer - delivered

�100 towards activity toys for

good luck to you all,

mel xx

This sounds really good, Im pleased lots of you have benefitted, you deserve it. My husband works and although his income is below the 23000 stated, I suspect my incapacity benefit and DLA will take me over it. It is worth bearing in mind though, once we have had our assessments.

This sounds really good, Im pleased lots of you have benefitted, you deserve it. My husband works and although his income is below the 23000 stated, I suspect my incapacity benefit and DLA will take me over it. It is worth bearing in mind though, once we have had our assessments.

From what I am aware it doesnt include DLA/IB so do go forward to apply, they will assess you and from what I read it is an income if your working they base the application.

I would ring the FF and let them know what benefits you are on and they will help you further, but I am sure its wont include these.

Good Luck

JsMum

hi everyone. a lady from the family fund called with me last week well anyway i had put down driving lessons and a holiday on the form but yesterday i got a letter from the fund and they wanted some more details of the amount of lessons i needed. to get to the point i dont think i want the driviing lessons any more as i think a pc would be more beneficial for my son. does anyone know if i am able to change my mind on what i have applied for. thanks for your help.

hi everyone. a lady from the family fund called with me last week well anyway i had put down driving lessons and a holiday on the form but yesterday i got a letter from the fund and they wanted some more details of the amount of lessons i needed. to get to the point i dont think i want the driviing lessons any more as i think a pc would be more beneficial for my son. does anyone know if i am able to change my mind on what i have applied for. thanks for your help.

When I was awarded mine the letter told me how many I would get and if I didn't want them to tick a box and send it back so I did

Edited by JoolsKing

hi did they send you anything in the place of driving lessons or did you ask could you have something different. just wondering. i wrote a letter to them today. so i will keep you posted and let you know what happens.

hi did they send you anything in the place of driving lessons or did you ask could you have something different. just wondering. i wrote a letter to them today. so i will keep you posted and let you know what happens.

I think the only way to find out will be to give them a call and explain the situation.

Sorry I haven't been back for sooooooooooo long

they sent me a laptop instead :unsure:

Edited by JoolsKing

I have a family find lady coming out to see me on Thurs for my aspie daughter and our family. Hoping to get a PC and some money for days out over the summer hols. She wants all of my daughters reports etc, so off on a hunt now, I am not know for being organised.

Wish me luck!

any futher updates?

i have just emailed them for a claim pack

school need me to get my own transport so im hoping they will help fund lessons

also would be great to be able to afford a holiday

Family Fund have just granted the cost to pay for a Fence to our new Garden, we moved in May and inherrited a very large garden trouble was it had no fencing and was directly in veiw of a main road and as it was unsafe for J to play especially with his no sence of danger.

I cant believe it because the cost of the fencing was very high, over a grand, and there was no way we could of afforded this without the help of Family Fund, and they are paying the full cost, and it means now it will provide J a safe place to play and keep him off other peoples property and away from the road.

I cant believe it, it is going to help J so much, so thankyou Family Fund.

Other Familys who can aproach this fund please do have a look at the website.

:thumbs:

JsMum