Hi,

I'm new to all this and am looking to find other people with similar interests and experiences to communicate with.

I'm a 33 year old female, from leeds. I have recently received an official/formal diagnosis of asperger's (although in the past 20 years several psychiatrists have suggested I was on the autistic spectrum but then I was promptly removed from their care and sent to someone else!!).

I like anything apple - macbook's, iPad's, iPhone's etc etc especially taking them apart, modding them as well as hacking, cracking and coding. I also like rap music especially underground stuff and also some grunge/metal too depending on my mood. I also like my Xbox FIFA 12 currently. And smurfs, I love my smurf village. It lives on my iPad and iPhone.

When I'm not on electronic devices I like to write (most people call this graffiti but technically it's the art of writing and lettering). I like tattoos and piercings. Reading research papers on chemistry, building molecular structures and understanding about explosives. I also am interested in Newtonian Physics, Fractals, Anatomy, epistemology, eastern philosophy and IQ's.

I also like fire but I have to be careful about how much interest I show in that because recently it has raised considerable concern with forensic psychiatry!!

If anyone has any similar interests I would like to hear from them as really the only people I communicate with are my parents and mental health services who don't share my interests. I do have a friend and she is brilliant but we are very different and she doesn't like any of these things except she has a smurf village too.

Hi.. and welcome.....WOW.....you sound very talented!!.........have you applied any of these talents towards a career/job?.........its nice to meet you hope you enjoy looking around the forum.

I had a career until about 3 1/2 years ago, in fact my own business until I simply couldn't cope any longer and pretending to be normal just became too hard

I had a career until about 3 1/2 years ago, in fact my own business until I simply couldn't cope any longer and pretending to be normal just became too hard

ive got that book, it is excellent

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=book:+pretending+to+be+normal&hl=en&pwst=1&prmd=imvns&biw=1280&bih=856&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=18301018620212543064&sa=X&ei=Jcg-UPO2PLGV0QWYuYGQCw&ved=0CFEQ8wIwAA

Hi there, I've just been diagnosed too. Have you seen this documentary on fractals?

http://documentarystorm.com/fractals-the-colors-of-infinity/

Unless you meant a different sort of fractal, and I'm a bit clueless :S Anyway, hi and welcome :)

Last nights opening ceremony of the paralympics might have interested you.

Hi rufusrufus,

No I haven't but I'll be sure to look it up. Having to operate off my 3G connection on my iPad due to being admitted for my 2nd inpatient stay on an acute psychiatric ward (the 2nd time in as many months)!

Is your pet ferret called Owen?

Hi treckster

Sadly I missed the opening ceremony, I'm back in hospital again "for my alarming behaviour". So watching tv with the other inmates isn't an option. I don't feel safe to go out my room.

So what was of interest in the opening ceremony?

Hi rufusrufus,

No I haven't but I'll be sure to look it up. Having to operate off my 3G connection on my iPad due to being admitted for my 2nd inpatient stay on an acute psychiatric ward (the 2nd time in as many months)!

Sorry to hear you're in hospital. Yes, my ferret's called Owen. He came with that name as I got him from a rescue centre. He's 5 years old and I wasn't sure if changing his name would confuse him. He was at the rescue for 3 years. Most ferrets are sociable but he definitely isn't! So it's just him and me. He's awesome :)

Hi rufusrufus,

Really hope your current episode of anxiety and depression eases off and you get some long term practical help. I've found changing my diet to exclude, gluten, dairy, malt, oats, msg, aspartame (last 2 can have occasionally) and also bromelain/pineapple (for the EDS) and benzoates. i was heading for another breakdown and had nothing to loose, ive sort of survived the last few years being gf/cf etc f but now ive got my pain management to get under control. When my pain is under control i am more with it.