smileyK

Not good news

seriously , don,t be alarmed , weight can fluctuate dramatically and have nothing to do with actually gaining any weight .Go off how your clothes feel , and give yourself a massive pat on the back for following a healthy lifestyle that includes eating well and exercising.

weight does fluctuate, take into account the following things:

what time of day did you weigh yourself?

had you eaten something high in salt in the last 24 hours? (this retains water and adds extra pounds)

were you in a fasted state at the last weigh in, and had you eaten before this one?

just standing on a scale is a terribly inacurate way of measuring yourself, body fat percentages tell a better story.

BMI and scales are completley useless and tell nothing. i think your weigh nurse needs to be fired beacuse she sounds incompetent

seriously , don,t be alarmed , weight can fluctuate dramatically and have nothing to do with actually gaining any weight .Go off how your clothes feel , and give yourself a massive pat on the back for following a healthy lifestyle that includes eating well and exercising.

exactly it. as long as you look good who cares. its not like your going to walk into a pub and pepole say oh! shes put on 2 pounds! and just for the record ive never met an overweight person @ 9 stone unless there 2 foot 7. and i get the sence your a little lighter than that. i havent met you but i would guess your in the 8 stone neighboorhood. perhaps lower?

From what I’ve seen, you go to the gym a lot right? Maybe it's just muscle growth. 9 stone is a fine weight especially if you're not that tall. :)

Edited by ALC

From what I’ve seen, you go to the gym a lot right? Maybe it's just muscle growth. 9 stone is a fine weight especially if you're not that tall. :)

i think you should of stuck to your original post, it had a nice sentiment to it.

i think you should of stuck to your original post, it had a nice sentiment to it.

Yeah, didn't wanna over step or anything :\

9 stone 5 pounds = 131 pounds = 59.55 kg

5 ft 2 inches = 157.48 cm = 1.57m

Therefore your BMI is 59.55 / 1.57^2 = 24.16.

Stop worrying and go metric!

Understanding body weight and height in metric units

no offence, but the body mass index is completely flawed and totally useless.

You're right there. I'm classed as obese but I'm fit and active despite being 14 stones.

Well, you should try and get referred to one. They will help and advise you. Like everyone has said, weight fluctuates (as the nurse should have told you), and to you shouldn't be so down on yourself about it.

When you say weight nurse, do you mean a dietician? Or is this someone who just weighs you as part of a check up?

ive worryed about this too. someone whos got no real experience in dealing with other pepoles bodys arnt pepole you wana turn to for advice.

To be honest, in all my time in the health profession, I have never heard of a weight nurse. Is this just your own term?

It sounds like either a general nurse who does other things like take blood, syringe ears, administer vaccines etc or its a HCA (health care assistant) who just does general non-medical duties. Where I work, HCA's do patient's BMI's but they aren't medically qualified.