Mannify

Threads thread

I keep thinking of ideas for threads, but don't know if they've been done into oblivion before. For example:

Favorite books as kids

Favorite films

Youtube clips that make you smile or cringe

Music that got you through adolescence

Ace people that you know

Do any of these have any mileage?

Edited by Mannify

ha ha ..go for any of them Mannify , think the film was has been done before, but it was ages ago and there are lots of new members, you could put all those ideas into one single thread if you like , then it,ll give folks lots to discuss etc, could be ALL TIME FAVES THREAD :thumbs: ............but you don,t have to do that lol :P

Go for what you like. I thought about 'music that got you through adolescence', then thought a bit more and have come to the conclusion at 47 years of age I might not be able to contribute to that one as I might not have managed to get out of the other side yet.

I'm really sorry, but whenever I see the title of this thread I've started it makes me think of threadworm :unsure: .

Sorry, totally inappropriate I know but that's really ###### funny :lol:

I like the music that got people through adolescence one too, I can think of quite a few tracks that take me straight back there - although I'm not totally sure (judging by my reaction to the probably not funny thought of thread worms - amongst other things) that I might have the same problem as LancsLad and might not be out the other side yet :blink:

I think we had a favourite films thread (or something similar - I might have created one...er... you'd think I'd know wouldn't you? Something in my mind says I did) someone wanna check my content or should I? dammit, I had to check...

http://www.asd-forum...avourite-films/

Yep - thought right :D

So are you mainly thinking off topic stuff then? Like for interest or a laugh or for intelligent conversation (and not about thread worms) :whistle:

I think, on reflection, my main interest is in threadworms. Such beautiful creatures... Do you have a favorite thread worm?

Edited by Mannify

Everyone should know that threadworms are distant cousins of these;

havn't been able to get the song out of my head since reading the post so felt I should inflict it on others.

:lol: I really thought everyone was gonna go for my threadworm thread, you know? I take it so personally that noone's interested. Edited by Mannify

Er, well, if you can somehow get an annoying person to contract them (maybe by chopping them up and adding them to their food?) it would give them an itchy bottom? That any good?

Edited by Mannify

You aren't convincing me yet... I don't like the sound of something living inside me, or any other effects that may result from that...

Although I have to admit that given a straight choice I might go for thread worms over a tape worm - my cat had one and it was gross cuz a bit of it dropped on the floor :sick::lol:

Well, I could paraphrase this stuff in my own charming way, but it really does require a strong constitution and it's maybe not fair to inflict on just anyone who might wander this way, so I'll leave this link. I actually genuinely did find it interesting, lol!

http://suite101.com/article/interesting-facts-about-pinworm-a122179

Although I have to admit that given a straight choice I might go for thread worms over a tape worm - my cat had one and it was gross cuz a bit of it dropped on the floor :sick: :lol:
There's a nugget of information which has enhanced my day.

I'm still not convinced - it just makes it all sound more weird and gross - and you can breathe the ###### in and get an infestation in the nose? That is so wrong!!

There's a nugget of information which has enhanced my day.

It was a segment :D

Can I just clarify, for anyone who may chance across this thread, that until a few days ago when I accidentally created a thread all about threadworms, I only occasionally had a passing interest in threadworms if I happened to spot my children squirm. I don't have a collection of threadworms or a threadwormery. I've been bullied into this corner, and now I'm committed I have to follow through.

Ok, last attempt - they're survivors. You have to sterilize everything, and even then you can't be sure you're shut of them. Got to be worth something, surely?

Aw c'mon, they live in people's asses - and noses apparently - I just cannot see that much that is good about that...

I won't deny that they have merit as a species, but then technically so does a tapeworm and nobody is raving about those :lol:

lol ive got a forum weapon in the pipe line for every occasion, there may come a time when i wont have to post at all :lol:

Edited by A-S warrior