A-S warrior

posting on egg shells

after last weeks shocking display of disrespect im feeling very reserved in the posting department. the last month espeshilly ive seemed to of walked into hot water with members, where theyve got the wrong end of the stick and have flown off the handle. so now when we have a new member join im in two minds wether to post a reply or not.

seems alot of what i do or say gets completley misunderstood. the last 4 or 5 members have kind of wounded me in a way, like when you fall of your bike and are to scared to get back on again.

the brash and angry replys kinda sting after a while.

anybody know what i mean?

Not me, I hope. Do you see any pattern (e.g. life situation or age) of those who gave you those replies?

Very seldomly I seem to produce a total misunderstanding, but that's that.

I am always kind of terrified of posting anything, on any forum, ever, because it might be misconstrued, and I hate confrontation, and I hate the idea of something I've said being "out there" in the ether, open to scrutiny by people who don't like me. Every time I post anything, it's a challenge to myself, a challenge to the belief that everybody hates me and that nothing I say is of any value. I know I ramble a bit, but I have to teach myself that not everything I do / write / say has to be perfect. Sometimes others won't appreciate it, and I (and maybe they!) can learn from that. I understand what you're saying, but I hope it doesn't prevent you from posting too much, as you seem like a really nice, funny guy, who has a lot to offer. I hope that doesn't sound too cheesy, but I've read quite a few of your posts, and think you're pretty cool. :)

Not having a go here A-S Warrior so don't take this the wrong way. When things in my life upset me a bit and they are a one off I tend to say hey it is how life is. When patterns start to appear I always think a bit and say what is the common thing here and often my conclusion will be it is me.

Take time to lok at yourself, not from the only perspective of did I do anything wrong or not, though that is a healthy question to throw into the mix. But think about am I tired, is there something on the back of my mind, am I worried about something. At times I think AS means a lot of our emotions are there in the background and they are affecting a lot of things in our life but we are unaware of them. Often there is a lot of other noise going on in our lives and these things can be very quiet whispers. if we take the time to look for the signs we can find them and once understood these strange patterns in life seem to break up and things return to what they were like before.

Not sure if this makes sense or not, these new memebrs might have simply been hitting a button in you with their comments. Not saying that is the case just to think if it might be.

Yeah....

And I've seen a couple of them and I think there's some elements of misunderstanding and frustration involved.... from both sides of these events...

You say you walked into hot water - I think that is true of us all sometimes - we do walk into trouble.

You say people have been disrespectful - I think respect has to be earned and built as well as having general respect for people.

And you say "a lot" of what you say gets misunderstood - I don't think that is true - I think there's quite a few people on here who like you a lot Ben.

Yeah things sting - but sometimes when you have an opinion there are people who disagree.

And sometimes when you use humour to get a point across not everyone understands that you aren't being mean, you are just being you, and if they took the time to get to know you a little more they'd see that you're not that kinda guy.

Look, you're alright, funny, quite considerate, caring, thoughtful and stuff - but it might not always look that way to people who are upset, angry and depressed.

So I guess you have to make sure you're ok with you and how you are and then it doesn't matter so much about other people who say stuff that is angry, because it's their problem and not yours.

Best

Darkshine

oooh........A-S..........can still remember your first posts on here lol........it can take a while for new members to get the feel of the forum and its members, if there is ever a post that has upset you or you are concerned about just give me a pm, but don,t change yourself too much your fine just the way you are :notworthy:

oooh........A-S..........can still remember your first posts on here lol........it can take a while for new members to get the feel of the forum and its members, if there is ever a post that has upset you or you are concerned about just give me a pm, but don,t change yourself too much your fine just the way you are :notworthy:

you were watching back then? oh dear :rolleyes: some of my early posts were somewhat mad. i just wanted to make and impact lol

Fair point - caught me at a bad time - you want me to take the ######? I can do that - no need to go all hippy :banman: or I'll have to return to that argument post with you and kick your ###### :fight:

after last weeks shocking display of disrespect im feeling very reserved in the posting department. the last month espeshilly ive seemed to of walked into hot water with members, where theyve got the wrong end of the stick and have flown off the handle. so now when we have a new member join im in two minds wether to post a reply or not.

seems alot of what i do or say gets completley misunderstood. the last 4 or 5 members have kind of wounded me in a way, like when you fall of your bike and are to scared to get back on again.

Yes underneath all that hard exterior and fast-witted comments and your old avatar picture as a king (plus that quote "!?#!ing attitude baby!") I can see you are of a particularly sensitive nature A-S Warrior.

I think it would be useful for you A-S Warrior to show that side of you from time to time in your posts for showing your soft-side can disarm a lot prejudice through mis-perceptions at the start.

I know there is a comment you left for me recently on a page that could get read by a famous actor and I'm not happy about that at all and would be very grateful if you could remove it and tone your comments down a bit please.

Thanks

Mike

Keanu Reeves one - and no in fact. I'm not.

I would be most grateful if you could arrange for that to be deleted. Thanks

read the first post in this topic again. this is a classic case. it was a friendly light hearted joke. im a bit suprised to be honest that you can happily get your ass handed to you by gutcruncher last week, yet when it comes to a friendly joke your getting all butt hurt. (and i seem to rember you picking on me for my spelling when you first joined, i delt with that very well considering) so dont take the moral high ground with me just so you can make me retract a post so you look better on here. the reason your so upset isnt beacuse of me, its beacuse you seem to have an ego problem. that why you always call me out for my signitures and avatars, beacuse you find it uncomfatble that theres a big character like me on here. ive recived many pm,s regarding this post, pepole telling me not to change and not to censor myself.

you are a guy i consider a friend, and im telling you how it is from my perspective and how it looks. pepole like me beacuse im honest with what i think. im a complex human, theres many sides to me you havent met yet.

keanu reeves has had 6 or 7 years to read that topic, aint gonna happen now.

Edited by A-S warrior

You don't know he won't - everything typed on this forum in the topics will be accessible to anyone around the world for the next 200 years+ and probably cached 6 million times also and be placed on the Virtual Time Machine for ever. Now Keanu and his agents might have overlooked it so far but there's no knowing whether an internet sweep might be conducted in the future. To add to the difficulties anyone researching Keanu Reeves in the future will also potentially see that page.

Now the issues with GC were different. What you have done in your 'light-hearted joking matter' on the Keanu Reeves post is actually far more serious. And I have stated that I would like it removing please. From your perspective it is quite funny I am sure. But from my perspective it is not.

And if you don't have it deleted I will have to take this much further as I have already asked a moderator to kindly delete it and nothing has been done.

Thank you.

Edited by Mike_GX101

And if you don't have it deleted I will have to take this much further

i dont respond at all to threats or intimidation. i dont give a flying cr*p who reads that topic or even how hurt your feelings are beacuse you cant take a joke. things are going well behind the scenes for me here, ive got pepole sending me cheques for my trip, letters, pictures and pepole wanting to meet me. im not going to have you getting all upset over something so idiotic and jepardizing my futre here.

why hasnt a mod deleted it? think about it. the only person who cares is you.

Edited by A-S warrior

and ive noticed, instead of personal messaging me, your calling me out publically on a topic where pepole are giving me compliments, funny that innit? go and take your ego elsewere and save your drama for when your practising your tough guy lines in the mirror. and i,ll do your request so you,ll stfu about it, and i can get back to helping pepole, insted of replying to your mellowdramatics.

Edited by A-S warrior

Posted 07/09/12 at 07:20 PM

Yes underneath all that hard exterior and fast-witted comments and your old avatar picture as a king (plus that quote "!?#!ing attitude baby!") I can see you are of a particularly sensitive nature A-S Warrior.

I think it would be useful for you A-S Warrior to show that side of you from time to time in your posts for showing your soft-side can disarm a lot prejudice through mis-perceptions at the start.

I know there is a comment you left for me recently on a page that could get read by a famous actor and I'm not happy about that at all and would be very grateful if you could remove it and tone your comments down a bit please.

Thanks

Mike

i am a human after all. not a machine.

and which comment, which page?

Posted 07/09/12 07:47PM

Keanu Reeves one - and no in fact. I'm not.

I would be most grateful if you could arrange for that to be deleted. Thanks

read the first post in this topic again. this is a classic case. it was a friendly light hearted joke. im a bit suprised to be honest that you can happily get your ass handed to you by gutcruncher last week, yet when it comes to a friendly joke your getting all butt hurt. (and i seem to rember you picking on me for my spelling when you first joined, i delt with that very well considering) so dont take the moral high ground with me just so you can make me retract a post so you look better on here. the reason your so upset isnt beacuse of me, its beacuse you seem to have an ego problem. that why you always call me out for my signitures and avatars, beacuse you find it uncomfatble that theres a big character like me on here. ive recived many pm,s regarding this post, pepole telling me not to change and not to censor myself.

you are a guy i consider a friend, and im telling you how it is from my perspective and how it looks. pepole like me beacuse im honest with what i think. im a complex human, theres many sides to me you havent met yet.

keanu reeves has had 6 or 7 years to read that topic, aint gonna happen now.

You don't know he won't - everything typed on this forum in the topics will be accessible to anyone around the world for the next 200 years+ and probably cached 6 million times also and be placed on the Virtual Time Machine for ever. Now Keanu and his agents might have overlooked it so far but there's no knowing whether an internet sweep might be conducted in the future. To add to the difficulties anyone researching Keanu Reeves in the future will also potentially see that page.

Now the issues with GC were different. What you have done in your 'light-hearted joking matter' on the Keanu Reeves post is actually far more serious. And I have stated that I would like it removing please. From your perspective it is quite funny I am sure. But from my perspective it is not.

And if you don't have it deleted I will have to take this much further as I have already asked a moderator to kindly delete it and nothing has been done.

Thank you.

i dont respond at all to threats or intimidation. i dont give a flying cr*p who reads that topic or even how hurt your feelings are beacuse you cant take a joke. things are going well behind the scenes for me here, ive got pepole sending me cheques for my trip, letters, pictures and pepole wanting to meet me. im not going to have you getting all upset over something so idiotic and jepardizing my futre here.

why hasnt a mod deleted it? think about it. the only person who cares is you.

and ive noticed, instead of personal messaging me, your calling me out publically on a topic where pepole are giving me compliments, funny that innit? go and take your ego elsewere and save your drama for when your practising your tough guy lines in the mirror. and i,ll do your request so you,ll stfu about it, and i can get back to helping pepole, insted of replying to your mellowdramatics.

This has got nothing to do with hurt feelings and yes I can take a joke.

I would like to draw your attention to Article 10(2) of European Convention on Human Rights where it states clearly that defamation is one of the valid reasons for limiting a person's freedom of expression and it gives rise to two legal frames that a person can prosecute for - slander and libel; both of which are applicable in this situation.

You wonder why people get stroppy some times and this is exactly why - because you do not back down and it is quite clear on this issue that you have no intention of backing down and you show no remorse for your actions and again this gives rise to the possibility of further action in the process of bullying (aka harrassment) which I can assure you I can also follow up.

I am sure you do a great job with your raising money campaigns and you should keep up the good work - that is not what this is about at all.

Now I will ask you again and I am getting quite tired of asking - would you kindly arrange to have that comment removed from the Keanu Reeves page please.

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mike_GX101

bold text doesnt scare me, neither does articles of law. but anyway, i personal messaged suze and hopefully she will deal with your request soon. ive never been a bully in 22 years of life, i just rant and rave at pepole who try and back me into a corner. you can kick a dog for so long, and its either going to roll over and die or its going to bite you. and today i was the dog that sank his teeth into your arm and diddnt let go, that does not make me a bully. you came looking for me, and you got me at my finest. if you personal messaged me and said hey ben, i dont like your comment and i want it deleted. can you pm a mod and get it sorted, we could of had this sorted much sooner and without this pointless argument witch has made this topic extremally ironic.

anyway convosation well and truley over, very over! i never go looking for trouble, pepole find me and ask for it.

Edited by A-S warrior

I,m at a loss here to understand how this thread has descended into the bashing, you are giving each other..........Mike...as regards the Keanu thread..........nothing worried me there as regards libel.But if you feel as upset by this as you seem please draw Luftys attention to it via a pm.The "offending "..post has been removed from the thread.TBH you both seem like really nice guys and I wish you could both see that,... and how daft this problem with the post on Keanu seems...after Gut crunchers vile posting this post that seems to have caused upset .....seems a little tame..........but hey ho I,m here to keep everyone happy :police:

i think i see the problem suze, mike is simular to me in the sence his posts are energy filled and big in character. when you have 2 pepole simular to each other your going to get a fight every now and then.

as i said, what happens on one topic stays on that topic, i never take a problem further than that.

I,m at a loss here to understand how this thread has descended into the bashing, you are giving each other..........

?????????? me too ??????????? i quess im the guy to target around here.

............very objective and mature view A-S, no offense was intended in the original post I,m sure,hope all will be well now :thumbs:

I thank you kindly for removing the said article from the Keanu Reeves thread. That was all I was asking.

Ben - you need to show a bit of tact from time to time and realise that some of your quick-witted remarks can offend and be taken badly. A bit more consideration before you post wouldn't go amiss and you might find you are no longer walking on egg shells when you post..

I think you shouldn't quit welcoming new members to the site. No one is saying you should do this.

Keep up the good work and most importantly, keep smiling!

:thumbs: