Sign in to follow this  
aspergers mom

travel sickness or motion sickness

My son and I have suffered from this more me though which could be put down to anxiety.I have had horrendous journys once I only went two miles down the road and I felt dreadful once Ireland 61/2 hours in a mini bus Goodnews though I have found a brilliant remedy. it's called Stugeron you take two meds 2 hours before the journey and 1 med every eight hours after that. .I went to London on Sunday something I wouldn't even have considered at one time. Now I can enjoy views enjoy the journey and not be praying for the end of the journey before it started.

Travel sickness can be related to the poor balance often experienced by an autistic population.

Travel sickness bands sea-bands can be helpful i find but after a while they dig into my wrists.

My mum used to give me Stugeron, it really works for me, but I used to really struggle with the foul, foul taste! Bleurgh!!!! Does anyone else find that they don't get carsick if they're the one driving? I wondered if it's because I can anticipate and control the movement of the car, so I feel better? Which is all well and good, but I can't afford a car any more. Oh well :) I'm glad you've found Stugeron so helpful, the world is now your oyster! :)