smileyK

Decided to go gym before work tomorrow

Decided to wake up at 8.00 am leave my house at half 8 get to the gym at 9 am have hr and half work out maybe two hours then walk to work then might walk to gym after work for another hour and half to two hours !!! :)

im going to start a training log for us smiley, post up what you do each day and i will too, hopefully more pepole jump on board. anybody think this is a good idea?

this would mean keeping all fittness related topics on the thread.

Edited by A-S warrior

well for 3 weeks ive been in a carb deprived, calorie deprived state, in the gym still lifting heavy. and i woke up today on the morning of a leg session and thought screw it, im going to not train today, and im going to carb up. im not missing the session im just resheduling it, im tempted to jump back onto my bulk, beacuse seeing the scales drop damages me pcychologically, i have bigorexia. its oppisite to anorexia, i see myself as being skinny, so i always want to weigh in at a good weight. everytime i go on a cut i have the same problem, so im going to just eat slightly above maintance for the rest of the cut, so i dont lean out so severely and i at least maintain a good weight.

just for the record, i love what i do. if i diddnt have fun i would not be doing it. its just every now and then, you look at yourself and think damn what happend, but the brain distorts things (espeshilly when your tired) you just got to keep it real and have fun.

No but see what you mean. I think you need to get these things in perspective and remeber why you are doing them.

At the moment I am having a lot of problems with my back and am following a very strict programme under the guidance of a physio but am potentialy facing some big surgery to set the context.

Yesterday I was walking along a path near me an 8km walk in and older pair of running shoes a pair of long shorts and a lond sleve running top. I am trying to keep in a mental training zone because if I have the op possibly my hardest ever training session might be walking the first 50 metres type thing. Anyway there were 3 lads and 4 girls walking towards me around the age of 17 - 19 I guess and I walk past only too hear "you should be ###### running mate wearing stuff like that" followed by a bit of laughing all round. I thought drop it, then thought no.

I turned around jogged up to and stopped them. I then expalined I had a double prolapse of disks in my spine and one was completely wrecked I also have a tumour growing on it further up. Because of that my physio tells me I have to walk every other day to let it settle down. I explained I hated walking 8km because less than a year ago I was running 80km a week and that was for starters because I bike and swim as well. I told him I would be running on Sunday but just 5km and if he felt he could get his sorry ###### to keep up with me he was more than welcome to give it a go.

There was a silent moment and I was ready for a fight to start but one of the girls said "well said mate" and another girl responded with "yes, sorry he is just a dickhead".

I have to admit I didn't half feel better for giving it to him. I think we have to keep these things in perspective and importantly understand what we are doing and why. I have to admit I am not enjoying the exercise stuff at the moment but am trying to be in best as shape as possible so if they do opperate which I think they will I will hopefull have as short a recovery period as possible and with a bit of luck I can build things up again, fingers crossed, I haven't given up on my Kona dream yet!

Just about to do my goto session on my bike trainer. It connected to a computer and I like to do a 50km ride across Majorca. It stimulates all the gradients and so there a few good little climbs in it. it is one of those things once I have done the first 5 minutes I know it is in the bag which will be anything from another 80 to 85 minutes.

Kit on, big decision what to listen to on the i-pod, think it might be a bit of Jamiroquai as I need a bit of energy.

Edited by LancsLad

Thanks A-S Warrior this guy does it for me

I was fortunate to be there watching him that day in Bolton from seeing him thrown into the water to start the swim, to standing next to his family cheering his on as he hand biked up the main hill. I watched him take downhill corners at crazy sppeds in his racing wheelchair and I was in the stands as he crossed the line in that video, I was crying at the time not shouting I couldn't.

Anytime I feel sorry for myself when I am training or need motivation I think of Joe and you realise I have no excusses really.

2.4 mile swim, 112 mile hand bike, 26.2 mile wheelchair marathon. Time 12 hours 56 minutes 37 seconds, not bad eh!

Edited by LancsLad

going gym again tomorrow got my gym clothing out going before work in early morning as this routine seems to work fit better around me working hr in afternoon going swimming again tuesday wednesday gym thursday swim and fri gym maybe sat gym maybe sun jogging /swimming my plan for this week

Edited by smileyK

Went swimming and gym before work today at swimming did 30 lengths and then did 15 minutes on treadmill and 20 minutes on cross trainer and weight machines tone up muscles in arms and legs! :) going gym tomorrow before work but not waking up SO EARLY tomorrow!!! Lol :P

My new employer has free gym facilties at their HQ (I'm in a different building about 15 minutes' walk away). I could do with the exercise, but with my OU Electromagnetism exam looming I'm rather minded to postpone joining until after 15 October. (Please don't mens sana in corpore sana me!)

Having five kids and uni to attend I don't have much time for gym. I would love to go. I had my daughter 6months ago and was jogging everymorning for one hour for just over 2mths and was great. I lost my "baby weight" but now have put weight back on. I want to be size10 currently on the cusp of 12/14 and weight 67kgs,not happy at all. I just do calorie control at the moment which has kept me at the same weight for three months better than gaining it I suppose!

Thanks unfortunatley the boys have an xbox and my partner has a playstation so it would be a waste of money if I got a wii as well. I may get an exercise bike,where I live the cheapest gym membership is £25p/m,so I could get a very decent bike for the same cost as an annual membership.The gym is very conveniently located behind my home and on my way to work/placments however it is all about time and I definatley won't have time to go to gym,I would love to though as I think its more motivating when you know you paying for something each month you more likely to make use of it,unless you super rich of course.

I think one of the very best exercise and mental fitness regimes we can engage in is to go at everything in life with a bit more drive and vigour. It doesn't matter if it is going up and down stairs, picking the kids up from school doing the cooking whatever. Just make the decision to put 10% more effort into life and I think you get a comensurate amount of benefit back.

Been swimming twice this week as start of the week Monday went to bed after work felt poorly Tuesday had day off felt weak low on energy Wednesday did 32 lengths which half a mile yesterday did the same amount before work in morning wake up early now to go and today as got afternoon / lunch time off work going zumba class as I can and I've missed going! Lol :P might go swimming & gym after Zumba too! :)