Sign in to follow this  
justine1

Eli starting school

As some my know I have four boys,middle two having diagnosis of ASD. Eli is my fourth son and had a few complications at birth and suspected hydrocephalus at 2 weeks old. He was being monitored by a HV up until age 2.5 when we moved and has not been seen by anyone since.

He is due to start full time next week and has been seen by his teachers who have said the speech may be delayed. The great thing is the school he is attending has special provision for speech and language as well as physical disabilities so I feel quite lucky and hopeful that they will pick up on any delays.

Yeah, that sounds like a great place for him, then. My little girl has just started school and starts full time next week, too. She seems to like it well enough so far, but it does seem strange sending her off to school because she's my youngest.

Thanks. I know Eli is'nt my youngest but he only just turned four so he is still my baby,and last boy,so it is hard. I was surprised today as he had a toileting accident and although the cleaned and changed him they still told me to collect him,is this normal? I have'nt had experience of this my other two had wee accidents but that was in pre-school,maybe once or twice in school with Dan,but never poo.