Sign in to follow this  
RYOUNG78

Personality Types

I just interested to know if somebodys personality would have an effect on how they behave in social situations and whether this would be different if somebody has asbergers?

I'm certain it has a bearing on peoples behavior, self confidence is a huge factor and it's something I've had trouble with. People with AS have a lot of other problems that make things much more difficult than say just being shy and retiring. Not being able to read peoples expressions properly is bound to effect how you behave in a social situation. I have trouble ending conversations or detecting when a conversation has run it's course so some people might mistakenly think that my personality is overbearing and boring because I talk to much. But overall I think it's safe to say that people with AS are just the same as anyone else when it comes to personality types, I've met some really nice people with Aspergers and some horrible ones too how much their Aspergers has shaped their personality is almost impossible to quantify.

Edited by madeinthe70s

I agree not all ASD people are alike therefore there has to be some personality involved, but what is personality if it is not what others put on you and cause you to be as what we are is what my signature on here truthfully says.