Sign in to follow this  
smileyK

got chatted up in the gym today

a man named chris asked me loads of chat up questions he single he 30 yrs old he works as DJ he asked for my mobile number he been texting me all day he asked me when ill next be at the gym i said tomorrow morning :) i so shocked & surprised by it being me as never happened before!

XKLX

yes but just be extra careful u dont want what happened to me happen. if u meet always in public places that way your around people

Very wise words people are not always as they seem and we are at a disadvantage to begin with, let someone know where you're going and what time you will be back, stay safe.

be careful smiley if he does weed dont let him drag u into it even if hung around with him and he was committing a crime, it could come back and have a record and affect chances of getting employment/ houses with a record

Edited by Special_talent123

So annoying keeps texting rung me texting him saying can we just be friends he text me saying yeah then text me saying he thinks I'm cute coming on too much too strong everything I do turns out wrong out of control! Have I got stupid idiot on My head or something?

Can stop texting him but he goes gym so may bump into him which make things difficult awakard why do I get myself in these situations can't climb out easy ? ! Gr! So angry with myself

Realised had lucky escape today as he started verbally kicking off ( swearing shouting) at gym staff as took his tee shirt off wouldn't put in back on when told gym rules he didnt agree was so scary shook me up bad mum picked me up from the gym! As felt uneasy / uncomfortable with him trying contact me all time through texting/ calls thought the police were going to have be called he weird strange loses his temper too quick i jbetter off without that in my life lesson learnt !!! I've just left my 12 month contract with virgin mobile now with giff gaff decided not to keep my old mobile number and get new one so he can't text or ring me! And he hasnt got facebook thank god! Lucky escape I have had! I'm grateful I realised now at the start before agreeing to anything!

Really has proven right got learn trend more carefully cautiously when approaching public feel so vulnerable bare feel weak! Feel like it always be this way that boys pick up I'm no good at guessing so take what they can get from me become over powering over bearing and suffocating becomes too much ends before started think I'll be too much take on! :( given up hope !

I asked one the gym instructors today what will happen ??? What will outcome/conclusion be of yesterdays explosion outburst he reckons a full detailed report was written up on situation of what occured who was involved etc and now got be fully investigated but likelihood result is ban from the gym due to volatile hostile aggressive attitude/ manner he displayed! Doubt he will come back now anyway!

This situation knocks my self-esteem further down a level & trust too I feel such easy target I always get sucked in to situations such as this one which find hard to get back out of without help I think even as an ASD adult we still have issues with stranger danger just on different scale/ level as may lead else where somewhere more dangerous & dark

Hello :) Just caught up with this thread and thought I'd add this: when you first gave him your number you didn't have any evidence that he was bad news, I think it's natural to be flattered when someone chats you up, so I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Once you found out stuff about him that made him unsuitable for you, you backed off, you were polite about it and you protected yourself by not carrying on with him despite the warning signs. I think you had a lucky escape, yes, and hopefully his little stunt in the gym will mean he doesn't go back there and spoil it for you. If he does go back, you have the protection of staff, and it's great that your mum was on hand to pick you up when you felt shaken up, so you have protection away from the gym too. I have been in several horrendous relationships, because either I don't see the warning signs, or I see them and choose to ignore them, either through low self-esteem, or just poor judgement in general! I think you should give yourself credit for what you did well, although I know it's hard :)

Best thing you can do is just ignore him. If he goes at a similar time to you try and change the time you go to gym. Its only if/when he continues to pester you then speak to the police if the gym are'nt doing anything.