Special_talent123

Urgent action needed to ensure EVERY disabled child matters in the Children and Families Bill!

Hi I just received an email from EDCM (Every disabled children matters) campaign and they have a petition . this is because below

This September, the Government published their draft Children and Families Bill, which will introduce what has been described as the ‘biggest reform in 30 years’ to special educational needs and disability (SEND) provision.

However, disabled children will only benefit from these changes if they have a special educational need (SEN). According to the Department for Education, a quarter of disabled children do NOT also have an identified SEN.This will create a two-tier system of provision.

Disabled children without a SEN will be excluded from:

• Simplified access to integrated education, health and social care;

• A ‘local offer’ setting out all the services available in their area.

The Education Select Committee has been asked to collect evidence on what improvements are needed to the draft Bill byOctober 11th 2012.

Write to your MP now and ask them to urge Edward Timpson MP, the new Minister for Children and Families in charge of the Bill, and the Education Select Committee to ensure that ALL disabled children can benefit from the Children and Families Bill.

Please fill in your details into the form on the right and press 'submit'. We will not share this information with anyone else.

Make sure you fill in the boxes with a '*' next to them.

http://e-activist.co...ng.id=ebulletin

Edited by Special_talent123

I had a plan drawn up for my treatment by my doctors and I think that the plan was just an exercise in form filling and we worked little to follow the plan. It's nice when the doctors do help. I am happy with my dentist. When something is more difficult to deal with like my 'autism' I am afraid that the doctors have little idea what they are doing and the politicians even less.

I have a computer qualification. I want to work in Information Technology [iT]. Got ecdl?

Edited by david3