Sign in to follow this  
cathcart3303

Advice needed regarding CAF meeting

I am trying hard to keep a lid on it. The school have finally agreed to a CAF meeting next week. This is despite my son (aged13) having school refusal on and off for 2 years and him not having attended school since last December. In that time he has seen his GP who told him to "stop acting so immaturely, pull his socks up and get out of my surgery", an outreach worker from ASD unit where he hid under a blanket and did not speak (approx 5 mins) and a paediatrician (very understanding) who thinks as well as Aspergers/anxiety he may have developed depression. She has referred him to CAMHS. CAMHS practitioner rang yesterday (nothing I'm sure to do with my firing email off to Educational Psychologist at County Council questioning his professional integrity) and have said they will see my son but there is a long wait. She asked me what she could do in the meantime. I told her to ring the school and tell them my son needs to see an Educational Psychologist (as an academy the services have to be requested from the school ). ?Funding issue.

The EP emailed me back yesterday and said no point in son been seen until seen by CAMHS (not what a private EP told me who recently worked for the council).

What do you think I should raise at the CAF?

The school have said Medical Needs are now involved and my son should get some home tutoring. School yet to provide the homework for him. Will my son interact with a tutor? He may have in January but I'm not sure now.

A charity that deals with bullied children ( which he probably was) has been mentioned. Can't see him going there for his education in the near future.

The school have said they will support my request for an assessment for SEN. Still waiting to hear re appeal on refusal to assess.

My upset comes from the fact I do not know how to help my son and have asked and relied on the professionals advice but I'm not sure they know how to help my son so they have ignored the 'problem'. Will they help him now?