dekra

Just had to share, very unexpected and sweet incident

I was in Tesco this afternoon with Finn, just the 2 of us and at the check out he wanted lifted up. The person in front of us was talking their time and I agreed to pick him up even though it's not something I do often now he is 5! So I picked him up and he gave me a huge cuddle and said "I love you" there might have been a Mummy at the start or the end of the sentence I'm not sure but I was absolutely stunned. He has never expressed spontaneous emotion like that! He has said Love you before but only in reply to one of us having said it first and rarely with any feeling in it. This seemed real for the first time ever and it was so special. I won't be forgetting this in a hurry!

That's lovely :D !!

What an adorable little lad and really pleased he felt able to tell you how he felt. How about we keep this thread for sharing any 'small' achievements ASDers manage?

I've managed to spontaneously hug my mum since seeing this article. In fact im tempted to greet her with a hug because I know she likes them.

I have been encouraging and complimenting my brother, he is making his final decision on where to go to university. I even told him 'Pete you make any subject sound interesting how about being a teacher' and he really appreciated my compliment.

Yesterday I coped with the swimming pool being unexpectedly shut, today I went back there :-) 1st time in ages that ive managed to go swimming.