Sign in to follow this  
assmerger

Does the external world offer you anything?

I have not left my room much at all for months now.

I used to enjoy playing sports and playing pool, taking my dog for a walk.

But does anyone else feel the external world and moreso people offer you anything at all?

I really have no reason to leave my house at all now that i dont play sports and my dog died.

Well for sex perhaps thats it? Im not sure I enjoy sex though but I like attractive girls.

Off course i like nature and stuff but the people of the outside world...I have no need to interact with them I guess?

Edited by assmerger

Sounds as if you're going through depression to be honest and you're doing anything that makes you feel good.

You should go and see a doctor and tell them what you're telling us here and see if they can help.

Sounds as if you're going through depression to be honest and you're doing anything that makes you feel good.

You should go and see a doctor and tell them what you're telling us here and see if they can help.

mm Ive been on anti depressants since i were 13 and seen shrinks since then, its nothing new.

DOnt know how much of my problems/lifestyle are due to either agoraphbia, depression, introversion or aspergers or its all related

Being stuck in all the time isn't going to help you and the first thing you need to do desperately is to go and physically seek out help by way of the doctors and then hopefully go and seek some Counselling or CBT.

Personally, I find that being outside and in the open does wonders for my mental health. I suppose it's what's known as being 'at one with nature'. I can forget my troubles just being fascinated by all I see around me.

I found that visiting New York had a similar effect on me, simply because there was so much to see. I wonder where else you would walk round a corner and see cars stacked on top of each other in a vertical carpark.

Being in my house for prolonged periods drives me stir crazy. I can feel like the walls are closing in on me like a kind of claustophobia.

Is it possible that you have agorophobia? Even if you can't speak to other people, I would get outside if you can.

He doesn't need additional names for things at the moment Lyndalou - what he needs is to go and seek professional advice from the doctor - let them manage the symptoms/names for things because last thing we want is to stress A**merger any more than need be.

erm i have been at psychologist since i were 13. I have been recently seeing a women but i got struck off as i missed 1 appointment and was late for 2..so thats the 3 strike rule on the NHS so i was struck of and dont get help no more, she wasnt helping me anyway she was ######. I study psych at uni and know all she was telling me anyway.

Also i dont like crowds, cars, noise, most people, chatting, open spaces etc...agorpahobia or not its not like I enjoy being out at all.

At school I used to scive and go home or hide in the toilets..at work i used to hide in the toilets or just look for excuses to get away. Or I used to phone up ill all the time.

I dont know whats wrong with me?!?!

Edited by assmerger

i told them they werent helping me...but she was saying stuff like telling me what clothes to buy to get girls and rubbish like that.

Also they wanted me to do cbt but tbh with you I need to be the one to do it and I didnt want to..They are like exposure makes it all fine but i exposed myself to crowds etc for years and it hasnt helped..IMO aspergers causes sensory isues that simple exposure will not resolve..you can have all the therapy in the world but IMO I beleve aspergers is a disorder which cannot be cured so i could stand in the middle of tokyo city centre for 5 years but still would have strong sensory isues and as a result anxieties etc..eye contact will always be cripplingand i dont know why that is? I have had painfulnes with eye contact as far back as I can remember even talking to my shcool teachers and family..why is eye contact so painful for us? I dont see how that will ever be cured its just the disorder it cant be fixed? smae with being touched, I hate people touching me even hugging me I hate it..women at work used to keep putting her arm on me..I hate it..My aunties want to hug me when they see me i stand totally rigid..

I feel aspergers is more like if you have a broken leg it can be fixed but aspergers cannot..If you are shy you can coem out your shell, if you are introverted you would not come out your shell etc...I dunno?

Edited by assmerger

I like to have some additional motivation to face social situations. So, I've already read some books on psychology (nothing too "heavy", e.g. "Games people play"), and I try to analyze which games are played before my eyes. That way, as an observer, I feel I have some inner distance to what's happening, and that helps me to face these situations.

As you are from the UK, have you already contacted the NAS? Don't they have some offers beyond what the NHS can give you?

From what I understand depression is part and parcel of this thing called Aspergers and I suffer it and have done for the last twenty years on and off but more on than off. Of course I have previously said I now hope to get out of the depression since my questions have been answered, but twenty two years is a long time, plenty of time to change one's outlook and attitude a lifetime even for those younger, but half my living age.

I know I am locked into a cycle of chronic negative thought processing as at one time, in fact many times that same time approached where I wanted out but with not the guts to do it due to this inbuilt mechanism we have for survival against all odds and perhaps the secret of human success, so if getting out was too hard self destruction is another way, for I have recognised, I have become very good at slow self destruction due to negative thought processing, but then adult aspies what are they is there any money in it ? No? Who gives a stuff about them, they can depend on the charities as no money means we are not interested ! Anyway as adults they should have grown out of it as there aren't any adult aspies, this is a kids only disorder which we must milk for all it's worth before they too grow out of it when they turn eighteen years old

But yes CBT that is a way forward, but has anyone ever tried to get it, on the NHS, a four month waiting list down here for six weeks duration, is that enough, well, it will have to be as that is all there is, government cut backs you understand it's all the rage these days.

I too have become a hermit I rarely go out, in fact I only go out when I desperately need something like food despite the fact I only eat once a day every two days, that is all I can afford on the old king cole. Now it was a couple of years back cabin fever would force me out eventually, but not these days for I have found a new method of assuaging the cabin fever, just go to sleep and everything is bright and clean again thereafter for in my stinking messy gilded cage I am quite happy.

But that is not life is it.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

i told them they werent helping me...but she was saying stuff like telling me what clothes to buy to get girls and rubbish like that.

Also they wanted me to do cbt but tbh with you I need to be the one to do it and I didnt want to..They are like exposure makes it all fine but i exposed myself to crowds etc for years and it hasnt helped..IMO aspergers causes sensory isues that simple exposure will not resolve..you can have all the therapy in the world but IMO I beleve aspergers is a disorder which cannot be cured so i could stand in the middle of tokyo city centre for 5 years but still would have strong sensory isues and as a result anxieties etc..eye contact will always be cripplingand i dont know why that is? I have had painfulnes with eye contact as far back as I can remember even talking to my shcool teachers and family..why is eye contact so painful for us? I dont see how that will ever be cured its just the disorder it cant be fixed? smae with being touched, I hate people touching me even hugging me I hate it..women at work used to keep putting her arm on me..I hate it..My aunties want to hug me when they see me i stand totally rigid..

I feel aspergers is more like if you have a broken leg it can be fixed but aspergers cannot..If you are shy you can coem out your shell, if you are introverted you would not come out your shell etc...I dunno?

And that my dear is why I do the most insane'est of insane things, I am learning to dance, not any old dance, that's not me, I always have do the oddest thing for these past four years I have been learning to belly dance with the intention of dancing solo in public !! It scares the hell out of me, but I have to do it, but before I do it I have to be satisfied I am good at it, others views are irrelevant, as I am another perfectionist.

But when I do this insane thing as dance what is believed in the UK to be* a woman's dance*, I will be doing it in a reconstruction of a Ottoman Janissary chain mail costume of which I am making, 33,000 chain mail rings to be be made and joined, I am 11,000 rings in so far and more I have to do tonight so I will stop annoying this website very soon to go off and do it as I have to keep at it and weave at least two hundred 5mm flush butted rings a night to get anywhere with it or go and wind more springs to hand saw into rings.

Well aspies are generally known for breaking moulds and I will do so to, not for me, but to raise awareness that males exist too and if it gets out as I expect it will as my dance class already knows which is of a relief to them perhaps that I am an aspie KS.

* It is sad but very true the UK solely believes belly dance is a female only dance where other countries are far more enlightened than here and even the regions of origin males always did dance this dance as they still do today and it was at one time way back in the past there are reports of jealous female dancers murdering male dancers, but of the world class male belly dancers I know of the three I have met two of them have admitted to me personally that they are also aspies.