jammy01

hello

i am new to this forum my name is jamie i have 4 childen 8, 7 ,4 and 2 my 4 year old boy thomas is under the commuinty peadiatrician and under chams as he show sigans of adhd

thomas dose not see danger we have reins on him when out side ,he like his rountin school hoildays are a nigth mare , he only wears joggin bottoms or school pants , he walks on tip toes alot , he only eats toast or checken kives and a few other things kit kats and 10p bags of chrips he likes power rangers to the point he is obsessed with them , he licks ramdom things lamp posts , windows the pram and lots of others also he is still in nappies for a poo . if he has something to tell you he has to tell you know matter what he will talk over you big groups he dose not like he get very upset and the kick off we can have with him can be bad and last for long time .

i had chams to do visits at playgroup ,school and at home and when we went to thier offices he ran out of a fire door and arcorss the car park and they told me there was nothing wrong with him with upset me so i took him to see the community peadiatrician and with in the hour she told me that he has prombles and that she was going to help this made me feel so much better becouse up to that point it felt like it was all in my head i had people telling me he was fine it was his age as i told them i have 4 childen and thomas was the only one who behaves like this .

so now we are wiating until 7 th nov to see the dr webb and chams together after i took him to see the doctor she rang chams and told them that she had seen thomas and that they should work as she saw thomas at his best he was not happy about going to see her . he also has to see a pyhsoloyist with should be in the next few weeks and also cham are going to to see school today to see how he is getting on .

sorry about my spelling it is not very good .

I'm glad the community paediatrician listened to you. It really is frustrating when people don't see what you see, isn't it? Does it look like he'll be assessed for ASD?

hopefully he will be i have been told he is what they call a gery area child couse he dose not tick all the box for asd or adhd

I'm not sure if you are aware but dyslexia can mimic ADHD (also co occur) so you might wish to get an assessment for dyslexia as well.

if you can video him doing unusual behaviours and submit that as evidence to doubting 'professionals'.

Hi Jamie,

Some of your son's behaviours sound a lot like mine -interrupting, hates groups, certain clothes, rituals for eating and nappies until he was 4. The doctor said he was fine also, but he had only met him twice and didn't see how my son changes according to the situation he is in and people around him. This is a child that had not particularly spoken to another child in the first three years of school, never mind make friends. Apparently he was fine as he talked to the doctor and hugged me. I really had to argue with the doctor until I think he just relented and sent J for assessment. Before he went for the assessment I made up the most detailed list they have probably ever had describing all his behaviours and giving examples. So it would probably help to keep a record and have other independent people contribute also. A video, as Trekster suggested, would be very convincing. My son is diagnosed now and I just can't wait to go back to the Paediatrician with that piece of paper - ASD confirmed!